Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reasonably Priced Hotel Recommendations Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Reasonably Priced Hotel Recommendations Tokyo

Hello, first timer to Tokyo and want to stay in the area where all the best local street food/ramen/sushi places are all in one place. Would that be Shinjuku? I tried looking around there and couldn't find anything decent that was moderately priced. Anyone have any recommendations on where I should be or any specific hotels?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: FT
what do you consider moderately priced?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Japan has hotel/accommodations in every price range. All depends on the money you're willing to spend and the service level you expect. Start by defining moderately priced.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Is it really your first time in Tokyo? I think I remember giving you some advice in the past. In any event, as others have noted what is your definition of decent and moderately priced.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
I clicked on a random manboo in shinjuku and it was 2000Y per 12 hour. That cheap enough?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: UA, NW
Try the budget chains: Comfort Hotel, Dormy Inn, Toyoko Inn, Super Hotel, etc. They're all over Tokyo and charge less than US$100 for a single.

Tokyo doesn't have a lot of street food in the same way that cities in other Asian countries do. You'll see booths set up at festivals and in parks, but they all serve pretty much the same things. Low-budget food is concentrated in the "hole-in-the-wall" restaurants, in train stations, and in department stores.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 3:57 pm

Good bang for your buck

Try the Park Hotel it is an excellent hotel, reasonably priced good location.

Park hotel not to be confused with the Royal Park or the Park Hyatt. It is plainly named the "Park Hotel"
Old Aug 5, 2017, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by wordsew
Try the Park Hotel it is an excellent hotel, reasonably priced good location.

Park hotel not to be confused with the Royal Park or the Park Hyatt. It is plainly named the "Park Hotel"
http://en.parkhoteltokyo.com/
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I don't think you have to force yourself to be in Shinjuku. Most the areas around the busier train stations have lots of cheap eats. Ramen, Udon, Ten-Don, Curry, etc. are in small places in the stations themselves or in the little streets and alleyways around the station. It's frankly part of the fun to wander about and discover places.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:10 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Since the OP has not returned to clarify his/her question, and "reasonably priced" could mean just about anything, I am going to close the thread. I suggest anyone with a similar question either post in an existing thread or create a new thread with a bit more detail.

Regards,
armagebedar
Japan forum moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.