Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Rice Cookers - Which One and Where to Buy in Tokyo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rice Cookers - Which One and Where to Buy in Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
for 220V, you are basically looking at the duty free section of BIC / Yodobashi, etc.

The products offered are all geared towards mainland Chinese tourists.

The only stainless steel inner pot cookers I can see on Japanese language sites are from China/Taiwan.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 12:58 am

Programs: BAEC
Anything that is 220V and sold in Japan from my experience is vastly overpriced and geared for Chinese tourists who know no better.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by plunet
Anything that is 220V and sold in Japan from my experience is vastly overpriced and geared for Chinese tourists who know no better.
Overpriced compared to the machines available for the local market, yes.

However, unless one buys a huge transformer, what alternatives are there?

Personally, I am completely happy with the "low end" Zojirushi NS-LLH05 we purchased in Tokyo. The tax refund and the Yodobashi points made the 15k price even better, and it was close to being half the price of a comparable machine bought in or sent to the UK.
If I wanted to do more with it, I'd look for a machine in the 15,000 to 20,000 range which I could buy a replacement pot for (expecting to pay around 6,000yen). Perhaps even buy two pots.
If I wanted a high end model - or a clay pot - I'd buy a transformer and get the Japanese model. Something I intend to do eventually. Don't see how one can get a value equivalent otherwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.