Wiki Posts
Search

Taxi/shuttle service from Narita to Shinagawa area

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Taxi/shuttle service from Narita to Shinagawa area

Hi,

I'm arriving too late (almost 10PM) to take advantage of the bus service. Does anyone have a recommendation of a shared or private car service that can get me to my hotel near Shinagawa? I'm staying at the Sheraton Miyako. Thanks.

Rachel
Old May 18, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Taxi fare to central Tokyo from Narita Airport is fixed fare. To Sheraton Miyako taxi form Narita airport is 22,500 yen via Wangan Express way plus express toll of 3,020 yen, total of 25,520 yen or US$ 230.25.

Keisei Bus runs Tokyo Shuttle bus to Tokyo station. Last bus departs Narita Airport on 11:10 p.m. arriving at Tokyo station at 12:27 midnight. Fare is 1,000 yen, or US$ 9.00.

JR Bus runs The Access Narita to Tokyo station. Last bus from Narita Airport is 10:45 p.m. arriving at Tokyo station at 12:05 midnight. Fare is also 1,000 yen.

Taxi from Tokyo station to Sheraton Miyako is about 4,000 yen or US$ 36.00.

Last edited by AlwaysAisle; May 18, 2017 at 10:43 am
Old May 18, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Last Skyliner leaves at 2230 so you might make that, plus some combination of cab or metro.

Otherwise it's going to be a long expensive drive
Old May 18, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
If time is not a big factor, you would actually be money ahead to just crash at a NRT area hotel for the night after arrival and travel into the city in the morning.
Old May 18, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Last Skyliner leaves at 2230 so you might make that, plus some combination of cab or metro.

Otherwise it's going to be a long expensive drive
There's also a 10:49pm Keisei Narita Sky Access Express for Keisei Ueno.
Or an Access Narita bus to Ginza - http://accessnarita.jp/en/home/
(departs NRT T2 at 10:50PM / and NRT T1 at 11:00PM)

In either case, you can take the Ginza line (either from Ueno or Ginza) to Tameike Sanno and cab it. (Or take the Namboku line to Shirokane Takanawa if it's still running).
Old May 18, 2017, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

credit cards?

Do most cabs take credit cards? Just in case I have to bite the bullet?

Thanks, all for these options.

Rachel
Old May 18, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by jib71
...Access Narita bus to Ginza - http://accessnarita.jp/en/home/
(departs NRT T2 at 10:50PM / and NRT T1 at 11:00PM)

In either case, you can take the Ginza line (either from Ueno or Ginza) to Tameike Sanno and cab it. (Or take the Namboku line to Shirokane Takanawa if it's still running).
That bus is same as last bus from Narita Airport I have mentioned and schedule arrival at Ginza is 12:15 midnight.

Last subway of the day schedule is:

Ginza Line:
Ginza 12:22 midnight – Tameike Sanou 12:27 midnight

Nanboku Line:
Tameike Sanou 12:31 midnight – Shirakane Takanawa 12:37 midnight

If it is first time at Tokyo for OP, then finding subway station entrance for Ginza station, where The Access Narita bus stops at front of Shopping Mall Nishi-Ginza which is far more closer to JR Yurakucho station than subway Ginza station. Walk to subway Ginza station is about 310 m, where 12:22 midnight Ginza line is the last train of the day. Also OP will need cash (JPY, not US$) for that... I do not think can make subway, but that time of the night chance of a bus arrive early…, but I rather not get into that.

I say cab it from Tokyo station.

Originally Posted by rgmdb

Thanks, all for these options.

Rachel
Most cabs in Tokyo do take credit cards, very few do not take credit cards, and especially cabs from Narita Airport should almost 100% take credit cards.

There are some elderly driver who are not that tech savvy who prefer cash transaction. I had one elderly cab driver flat out told me he does not know how to use a credit card machine in his cab.

Another point, pretty certain that you will arrive at the hotel past midnight. May not hurt to let the hotel know in advance that you will be arriving past midnight to make sure the hotel will not consider your reservation as no show.
Old May 18, 2017, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Most cabs in Tokyo do take credit cards, very few do not take credit cards, and especially cabs from Narita Airport should almost 100% take credit cards.

There are some elderly driver who are not that tech savvy who prefer cash transaction. I had one elderly cab driver flat out told me he does not know how to use a credit card machine in his cab.

Another point, pretty certain that you will arrive at the hotel past midnight. May not hurt to let the hotel know in advance that you will be arriving past midnight to make sure the hotel will not consider your reservation as no show.
The last paragraph is a very good advice. A lot of Japanese hotels expect that you contact them if you'll be arriving later than expected.

With regards to taxi, vast majority do take credit card as AlwaysAisle says. But you should always ask the driver and confirm before you get on, even if there's a sticker on the cab indicating that they take cc.
Old May 19, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: UA, NW
The simplest option would be to change your reservation at the Sheraton Miyako to start one night later and just spend the night at a hotel in the Narita area.

For the price of cab fare, you could spend the night in a pretty decent hotel and experience a lot less stress and confusion.
Old May 19, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by ksandness
... For the price of cab fare, you could spend the night in a pretty decent hotel and experience a lot less stress and confusion.
Or use one that has a free shuttle and save the cab fare. Although, to be fair, many of the free shuttles stop running late at night.
Old May 19, 2017, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately, I have to get to the Sheraton upon my arrival as I have an early morning meeting there, so I'd be more stressed out if I stayed by Narita, not less.

I have been to Tokyo before, but usually taken one of the buses into the center. It's a shame they don't run until midnight.

I'll see if I can grab one of the last buses to Tokyo Station. If not, my company will just have to understand that I needed to take an expensive taxi for my own sanity!!
Old May 19, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by rgmdb
Most, if not all taxis have credit card machines.

However they seem to be out-of-mission quite often. I would say 1/3 of the time I tried. And it's not like the driver lied. The display does say no connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.