Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

How can I get Sumo Tickets in simple procedure?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How can I get Sumo Tickets in simple procedure?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Hi guys! By coincidence I noticed that my upcoming trip's Tokyo days (24-27Jan) coincide with the last 4 days of the Tokyo tournament.

If I only really want to attend on either 24/25Jan (Thurs/Fri) and not the weekend, and if I'm content with the Arena seats upstairs (it's only my wife and I, so buying a 4 person box seems pricey), should it be OK for me to just wait for 8Dec when ticket sales start and buy them off the PIA website, or should I try to pre-order / pre-book via voyagin or buysumotickets or some other gaijin service?

I ask because recent google results seem to suggest that tickets for the entire tournaments can sell out within minutes (e.g. https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi...ure_Kanto.html)

(Staying in an APA hotel so no concierge available)
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by jpdx
I usually enlist the help of the concierges of the hotels I stay during the tournament. I recently bought two tix for the final day of the Osaka tournament through buysumotickets.com -- they were able to get tickets for the sold out final day, which the St Regis Osaka concierge could not. Generally, IME, unless you're looking for the final weekend (which does sell out), you can buy tickets on the day of the event, especially if you're not picky about where you sit.
Thanks for the information. Helps a lot
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Bumping this up -- we are going to be in Osaka for the March Tournament and specifically looking to get 4 tickets for the last Saturday.

Emailed the concierge at the Conrad and they basically said we get access at the same time as you (Feb 2nd) and you can purchase online or "we can try and purchase for you." The other option is to pre-order via buysumotickets.com.

What's the best option since we are time limited to only being able to attend Saturday so need to get tickets for that day? I'm panning to just get Arena S or Arena A tickets vs. getting box seats if that makes things any easier
Old Jan 7, 2020, 11:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Duke787
What's the best option since we are time limited to only being able to attend Saturday so need to get tickets for that day?
I used buysumotickets for the Tokyo tournament early last year and didn't have any problems. But I was in a hotel with no concierge. Given your situation I would say just go with the Conrad Concierge and make it their responsibility to source the tickets for you (presumably without paying any markup like you would with buysumotickets).
Old Jan 13, 2020, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shuigao
I used buysumotickets for the Tokyo tournament early last year and didn't have any problems. But I was in a hotel with no concierge. Given your situation I would say just go with the Conrad Concierge and make it their responsibility to source the tickets for you (presumably without paying any markup like you would with buysumotickets).
Okay thanks -- I'll send the form back to the Conrad and hopefully they can deliver
Old Feb 9, 2020, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ended up late and out of luck so had to source via Viagogo. I have the actual tickets in hand but should I be concerned about the fact it has "copy" is printed on the background of the ticket as shown below? I don't know Japanese so I can't really confirm if these are valid tickets. Note the numbers under the barcode (blacked out) don't match any other numbers on the ticket. The other thing on the listing was a statement that said "Ticket for Male -- main person attending must be male" -- now we have 4 of us going and 2 of us are male but our wives of course aren't so unclear to me if that's problematic since per the statement one of main people attending from our group male

Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:59 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Ended up late and out of luck so had to source via Viagogo. I have the actual tickets in hand but should I be concerned about the fact it has "copy" is printed on the background of the ticket as shown below?
I suspect that the COPY watermark is a fraud prevention technique. It might look messy or stand out if you try to photocopy the ticket.

The other thing on the listing was a statement that said "Ticket for Male -- main person attending must be male"
Don't know what that's about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.