Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Unusual FT question: middle schools in Japan?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex

I run the world's oldest cybersafety charity and am planning a 2-3 day stay in Japan (flying into NRT on November 18th, but can fly out from any international airport to Beijing).
We are doing a worldwide listening tour to find ways to help students address cyberbullying and other cyberabuses involving teens and preteens.

I am looking for recommendations of 1-3 English-speaking schools where we can do a few presentations for students on cyberbullying and cybersafety.

My presentations usually cost $$$ and are used to support the charity. But we are donating these to make sure we reach the broadest groups to get feedback and measure needs for a stop cyberbullying program we are developing for Japanese families.

I have visited Japan before, but only Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto. If any of you are familiar with school heads that may be interested, please post a response.

happy to share my identity via pm.

thanks.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: Delta
deleted

Last edited by nishimark; Oct 8, 2014 at 11:06 pm
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:55 pm

Contact the Japanese Consulate or Department of State and they'll surely put you through to some contacts on the ground. Otherwise, you could try speaking with someone at the DoD in Okinawa.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:33 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Here is a fairly exhaustive list of "international" (English-speaking) schools:

http://www.tokyowithkids.com/fyi/int...kyo_preschool2
Old Oct 9, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA AA MR HH B6
can you share your your info via PM? I know people who are deep into the weeds with English speaking middle schools in Japan. TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.