Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:23 am

Blenders Choice: it’s weird because the last place I saw it was somewhere I least expected to see it: the Tokyu Department store in Shibuya. It may have been a one-off, and plus they were restricting sales to holders of their Tokyu credit card, but I was surprised to see it on sale there, after hearing that it was mainly distributed to bars and restaurants. And yes, the price then was the standard 10,800 yen.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by PastisDetox
Blenders Choice: it’s weird because the last place I saw it was somewhere I least expected to see it: the Tokyu Department store in Shibuya. It may have been a one-off, and plus they were restricting sales to holders of their Tokyu credit card, but I was surprised to see it on sale there, after hearing that it was mainly distributed to bars and restaurants. And yes, the price then was the standard 10,800 yen.
The bars and restaurants distribution may have been for the initial launch, but pretty much every reputable liquour store has received some since then.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
The bars and restaurants distribution may have been for the initial launch, but pretty much every reputable liquour store has received some since then.
Prices on the Blender's Choice are def dropping. Now it's pretty easy to find them around Y12,200ish shipped order through web. I see Fuji Sanroku 50 jumped in price. I was at the distillery couple weeks ago and the staff there confirmed they are stopping the production on the white label in March! I did load it up when it was ~Y1200 each. Can't beat that price!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by james21_h
Prices on the Blender's Choice are def dropping. Now it's pretty easy to find them around Y12,200ish shipped order through web. I see Fuji Sanroku 50 jumped in price. I was at the distillery couple weeks ago and the staff there confirmed they are stopping the production on the white label in March! I did load it up when it was ~Y1200 each. Can't beat that price!
That's too bad! I thought it was pretty good for the sub 1500JPY price, but I didn't have enough space back home to take some with me on my last trip. I suppose next year's influx of Olympic visitors will prolong the whisky bubble a bit longer.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
I suppose next year's influx of Olympic visitors will prolong the whisky bubble a bit longer.
No doubt. Bad for drinkers, good for investors. I am sure Suntory is planning a ton of special edition releases for 2020 Olympics as well.
7473chad likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
Any tips on whats the easiest way to navigate the amazon japan website?

Does my amazon.com account work? Is it shipped prime 2 day like usa?

I want to have a couple bottles shipped to the hyatt when im in japan

thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: CX DM, SingAir, Hyatt
Originally Posted by broncophil

thanks.
Big tip. You can navigate the site in English via a using Amazon Japan in English google search. You will need to create a new account. I've used and shipped to my Japan hotel many times. Shipping is usually 1-3 days max.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by 7473chad
Big tip. You can navigate the site in English via a using Amazon Japan in English google search. You will need to create a new account. I've used and shipped to my Japan hotel many times. Shipping is usually 1-3 days max.
You can also sign up for Prime as a free 30 day trial, at least one time. Advantage is you can schedule your delivery date & window at no cost.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by 7473chad

You can also sign up for Prime as a free 30 day trial, at least one time. Advantage is you can schedule your delivery date & window at no cost.

thank you. I will try both suggestions.

But I coulda swore I googled amazon japan and the redirect still showed in Japanese

Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:10 am

But I coulda swore I googled amazon japan and the redirect still showed in Japanese

I'd post the link directly but I'm not sure I can strip off the personalization. Once you click through, you can set your language preference to English. It's not 100% but between Translate and googling, I can usually find what I'm looking for.

Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond

I'd post the link directly but I'm not sure I can strip off the personalization. Once you click through, you can set your language preference to English. It's not 100% but between Translate and googling, I can usually find what I'm looking for.

How reliable is Amazon Japan and the vendors selling things? A buddy of mine is heading to Tokyo and offered to pick something up for me. Rather than send him on a wild goose chase, would love to just snag a Hibiki 17 that's listed to make it easy but of course am fearful of fakes
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
How reliable is Amazon Japan and the vendors selling things? A buddy of mine is heading to Tokyo and offered to pick something up for me. Rather than send him on a wild goose chase, would love to just snag a Hibiki 17 that's listed to make it easy but of course am fearful of fakes
wouldn't really worry too much about a fake H17. there are some fakes on the market, but they are typically of more expensive bottles like hibiki 30, yamazaki 25 and sold on sites like mercari
7473chad likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:11 pm

Thank you!

Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE

thanks.
Amazon.co.jp has an English language button, so you just need to change the setting when you setup your account. Or use Chrome and the translate function.

Prime membership is only 3900yen, so a lot cheaper than the US, but depending on the seller, prime shipping may or may not be available. For some stuff shipping directly from Amazon distribution centers, you can get it delivered same day to central Tokyo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.