Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

"Why did you come to Japan" TV program, anyone interviewed by TV crew?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Why did you come to Japan" TV program, anyone interviewed by TV crew?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2020, 10:39 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I've only seen them once at KIX doing interviews but I have never been asked, guess we Asians tend to blend in somewhat.
Old May 25, 2020, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by evergrn
Bobby Ologun (YOUは何しに among others) arrested for DV.
Really liked that guy. I'm shocked and disappointed.
That's sad, I loved the skits they did for that Variety show where there's usually 3 foreign persons doing various odd jobs in Japan.
Old May 26, 2020, 12:48 am

Programs: UA MP
Originally Posted by lcpteck
I've only seen them once at KIX doing interviews but I have never been asked, guess we Asians tend to blend in somewhat.
I had a friend who worked for TV Asahi and they were trying to get foreigners for some TV show.
Asians, people who had lived in Japan for a long time, people good at Japanese, and bitter people were not welcome.

I knew an interpreter who, through an agency, had been offered work for this show - apparently it was more than 12 hours and they were only going to pay 8,000 yen. The answer was a rather obvious no.
Old May 26, 2020, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by acregal
I had a friend who worked for TV Asahi and they were trying to get foreigners for some TV show.
Asians, people who had lived in Japan for a long time, people good at Japanese, and bitter people were not welcome.
Lol Japanese are still biased towards the rest of the Asia unless you're from the West.

I knew an interpreter who, through an agency, had been offered work for this show - apparently it was more than 12 hours and they were only going to pay 8,000 yen. The answer was a rather obvious no.
That's crazy 8K Yen for 12 hours of work in Japan....

Last edited by lcpteck; May 26, 2020 at 2:49 am
Old May 26, 2020, 8:53 pm

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire

Why they would like to do that, for the sake of viewer rating purpose i guess? Like the show will be deemed if all the participants were Asian origin

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Lol Japanese are still biased towards the rest of the Asia unless you're from the West.
Sad but that what I felt too when I was there, they seems to treat western tourist wayy better than Asian. Of course there is some exemption where I met some who treat Asian much better too but too bad it is not common.

On the bright side is like you said earlier that Asian foreigner can blend in unless one decide to dressed very loud/unique/tourist look from the rest of the crowd, works much better if you roll around in business suit and work bag like typical salary man felt so good when I go around in Asakusa peacefully without anyone bugging me since i look like typical random salary man lol.
pudgym29 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.