Wiki Posts
Search

First time visiting Japan! Stuck post.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

First time visiting Japan! Stuck post.

Hey everyone

It will be my first time visiting Japan in mid May and just wanted to run a few things by everyone here. I've been doing my own research and have come up with a few assumptions I want to double check.

I will be in Japan for 13 days and am planning to visit Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Nara, Hakone and Tokyo. I will be flying into KIX and out of HND.

1) I will be getting the JR Pass but unsure whether the 7 day or 14 day will be more useful. I'm spending the last 6 days in Tokyo so was thinking about doing the 7 day JR pass for all of my travel around Osaka/Hiroshima/Kyoto/Nara/Hakone. Is the JR pass useful around Tokyo? I will be doing the usual destinations like Shinjuku, Shibuya, Akihabara, Harajuku, Asakusa, etc as well as head down to Tokyo Disney for a day or two.

2) What areas/neighborhoods should I base myself in for Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo assuming I use the JR pass?
I was thinking Umeda for Osaka, Kyoto Station area around Kyoto and Shinjuku for Tokyo so far.

3) Definitely doing a ryokan/onsen in Hakone and the Hakone Free Pass. Any suggestions for a budget traveler?

Any light on these questions would be great help

Last edited by reverted; Feb 1, 2014 at 4:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.