Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Factory and brewery tours

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I did Toyota's factory tour from Fujigaoka station. The bad thing was it was just production of a compact domestic car and not very thrilling. You can't choose the line you see and no Lexus possible. The Toyota museum was disappointing as they don't really showcase their finest models from over the years. No Supra, MR2 or other mid 90s classics/ Just a lot of European classics and 1920s American cars.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:03 am
F 1
Original Poster

Thank you for the input. Right now it looks like i'll be visiting mazda in hiroshima but passing on toyota in nagoya given the feedback here in the thread. Also, there's something to be said about once you see one car factory, the rest are not as exciting.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:49 am

Programs: AA PLT MM, BA, UA, AC
Originally Posted by F 1
thanks, good to know about the mazda tour. what was the issue with toyota, if you don't mind me asking?
Toyota, I found to be a disappointment as the museum was small. It didn't take long to see the cars on display. A few (three or four) antique cars when you enter and just cars randomly displayed. No concept cars, none of the company's different products (ie, sports cars, family cars, vans, etc). The displays really weren't well thought of and didn't do justice to the diversity of the Toyota brand. I did go some years ago, not sure if things have changed.

If you are in Obaida you may want to check out Toyota Mega Web - found that to be much better than the museum in Nagoya although the only cars on display were those in Toyota's current line up.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Does anyone have any comment on the Gekkeikan Okura Sake Museum in Fushimi? Is it worth a visit on a short trip?

http://www.gekkeikan.co.jp/english/index.html
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:26 pm

I really enjoyed that museum - I thought it was very well put together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.