Reload this Page >

Special flavor Kit Kats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Special flavor Kit Kats

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:15 pm

Not that KitKats are normally very natural tasting, but these were just overwhelmingly fake smelling/tasting for me and I didn't care to finish one
But it's not supposed to taste like an actual banana, but a Tokyo Banana, which is completely different (very little resemblance at all, really). Have you ever HAD a Tokyo Banana?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lobsterdog
But it's not supposed to taste like an actual banana, but a Tokyo Banana, which is completely different (very little resemblance at all, really). Have you ever HAD a Tokyo Banana?
Nope. 😂 More of a sable girl when it comes to Tokyo omiyage, so I'll have to leave it to others as to whether it's a good representation of a Tokyo Banana. For me, it was just unpleasant and not worth the time spent queuing in the basement of Tokyo Station.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Calcifer
Nope. 😂 More of a sable girl when it comes to Tokyo omiyage, so I'll have to leave it to others as to whether it's a good representation of a Tokyo Banana. For me, it was just unpleasant and not worth the time spent queuing in the basement of Tokyo Station.
Kit Kat should be more selective instead of churning one flavor after another. I've finding more mediocre flavors in recent years. About 10 years ago, most every gotouchi Kit Kat I had was good. I remember having jasmine tea, cappucino/espresso, Itokyuemon edition maccha one... all very good. Now a lot more misses than hits. They still sell the Itokyuemon one in Kyoto, but I find it hard to believe it's made the same as before. Unless the one I had before was different. Now tastes a lot blander and sweeter than I remember. I've not really been wowed by any Kit Kat recently.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by mapleg
For those looking for something differnet, they are selling bakeable kit-kats

https://japantoday.com/category/feat...e-cream-flavor
Those are wonderful - this is coming from someone who doesn't eat sweets. They have been available for quite some time though, I'm pretty sure. I first had them over two years ago.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:16 pm

If you are thinking of KitKats as gifts and you want a bunch of different flavors, these would be great, although each box has only 12 KitKats packs (2 in each pack) and they cost 1,000 yen per box. They only got released recently (fall 2017?).

Amazon Japan (East version) https://www.amazon.co.jp/ネスレ日本-キットカッ.../dp/B075X11XS6
Amazon Japan (West version) https://www.amazon.co.jp/ネスレ日本-キットカッ.../dp/B075WYZ2LM

Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by PokerHammy
How much does this cost in Japan - what is the mark up here?? Is this even available in Tokyo? http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Kit-K...=azuki+kit+kat

I had a taste of this getting the sampler from NRT and it's been on my mind. But must I pay this much $$$$?
I live in Japan; according to my kids, there are more than 100 flavors of Kit Kat in Japan. As some other posters have said, some flavors are seasonal such as of course pumpkin around Halloween, and Sakura in the spring around cherry blossom season, but another interesting fact is that many flavors are not only seasonal, but only sold in certain areas of the country. There is no special mark up on any flavor that I have ever seen in a supermarket or convenience store.

12-packs of mini-bars cost about $3 or less, and full size bars are the same price as a normal Kit Kat.

Last edited by wolfman888; Nov 27, 2018 at 5:30 am Reason: Added info
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I can pick up a bag for around Ą300 on sale at the supermarket. Maybe has 13-15 per bag.

I kind of take it for granted there will be a new flavor everywhere I go in the country.

Otona (adult) dark chocolate is a favorite.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:49 am

I have had most of these flavors. Im
thinking like $3 ish a bag I think. I do know there are many cool flavors to take home as souvenirs. They are more expensive. When I go to Japan next year I’ll chrck the supermarketand get the curry bun and matcha kit kats. . I’m here for new flavors. A curry flavor one might be disgusting but I like to try new things lol

Last edited by kimikoftokyo; Nov 27, 2018 at 6:58 am
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Exec
Well of course all KitKat's are flavoured. But the idea that anything other than the original Kit Kat, produced in York, England by Rowntrees - who were bought by Nestle and then cynically closed down - is worth eating is , well, gross! And they have never been the same since they did away with the original 'silver paper' wrapping in a paper liner and replaced it with the plasticised junk which, I imagine, is now being eaten by turtles and whales!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:45 am

I thought I'd mention, I understand that Chrome browser will translate websites ( to English as well as other languages).
The link below will also help translate websites between various languages.

https://translate.google.com/
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by restonva
Can't wait to try these awesome flavors!
The green tea flavor is surprisingly good!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I love the strawberry kit-Kats! Picked up a huge box of them at NRT in February upon finishing the island Hopper.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Originally Posted by Redheadpeter
But the idea that anything other than the original Kit Kat, produced in York, England by Rowntrees - who were bought by Nestle and then cynically closed down - is worth eating is , well, gross!
Have you even tried other flavors?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by Redheadpeter
Well of course all KitKat's are flavoured. But the idea that anything other than the original Kit Kat, produced in York, England by Rowntrees - who were bought by Nestle and then cynically closed down - is worth eating is , well, gross!
Eating an original KitKat, produced in York, England by Rowntree before it was bought by Nestlé in 1988 is gross. That's a 30 year old sweet. Throw it away.
LapLap likes this.

Last edited by jib71; Nov 28, 2018 at 5:18 am
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
The Kit Kat Tokyo Banana is quite nice.
Scott in LA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.