Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Shopping online in Japan / Tokyo (for camera)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shopping online in Japan / Tokyo (for camera)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by swy
if I pay for my purchase in credit card online ahead of delivery time, how likely are Japanese hotels be willing to receive packages for me, if it might get delivered before my stay?

I am in a similar situation, but instead of camera, I am thinking of buying some toys that are cheaper online. I will be staying in a hotel for 5 nights, which gives the delivery time a decent margin of error, but still, if possible I would like to have it delivered earlier, to make sure that I can get it before I check out and leave Japan. I am wondering if it is too weird to ask the hotel to receive something before I check in...
If the hotel is good, 4 stars + i don't even tell them anything, just ship the stuff to the hotel / your name.

I always buy online and send to hotels, inclusive in Tokyo and never have any issue at all. They probably put the items in your room when you check in.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:04 am
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
Originally Posted by EZETravel
If the hotel is good, 4 stars + i don't even tell them anything, just ship the stuff to the hotel / your name.

I always buy online and send to hotels, inclusive in Tokyo and never have any issue at all. They probably put the items in your room when you check in.
Thanks! It's Tokyu Inn, so definitely not 4 stars+. I guess I will try just getting one item this time and see how it goes.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by swy
Thanks! It's Tokyu Inn, so definitely not 4 stars+. I guess I will try just getting one item this time and see how it goes.
Good Luck!
Old Aug 6, 2012, 6:57 pm

Programs: Dirt
As I will be connecting in NRT and want to pick up some items from Amazon.co.jp, I will give their Convenience Store Pickup a try. Right now only the Lawson chain of convenience stores participate in this scheme, but there is one in NRT Terminal 1 5/F, which is perfect as I'm flying on *A.

I will report back on how well it works.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KLM Cardboard
Originally Posted by msb0b
As I will be connecting in NRT and want to pick up some items from Amazon.co.jp, I will give their Convenience Store Pickup a try.
I did this a couple of times on my last visit and it worked well ... eventually. You need to use one of Loppi kisoks to print off a receipt to hand to a staff member and my poor Japanese reading ability meant it took a few minutes to get to the right place. The Loppi kiosks can handle COD deliveries as well as parcel collection and I found myself trying to type the confirmation code into the wrong one.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 5:23 pm
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
Originally Posted by swy
just a follow-up... I ordered a magazine from Amazon Japan and it was delivered to my hotel (Tokyu Inn) 3 days later (you can also specify a later date). When it's delivered, Tokyu Inn left a message on the TV in my room... all in all, pretty painless and would do it again.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:28 am

Programs: Dirt
Originally Posted by msb0b
I will report back on how well it works.
Picked up my package yesterday. The Lawson store was easy enough to find but the Loppi machine was well hidden. Against the glass window between the copier and atm iirc. Enter the package number and key number (actually part of the Amazon order number) and the machine prints a pick up slip to hand to the cashier.

All in all a very smooth process. It helps that I can read Japanese. I did not look for an English switch on Loppi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.