Search

Skymark to launch Japan/LHR LCC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WWMFD
Skymark to launch Japan/LHR LCC

Bloomberg excerpt:
Skymark Airlines Inc., the Japanese carrier planning to buy Airbus SAS A380s, said it expects to make money flying business travelers between Tokyo and London on the superjumbos for less than half the price rivals charge.

“There’s no competition in the business-class segment,” President Shinichi Nishikubo, who owns 49 percent of the low- fare carrier, said in a Nov. 19 interview. “Business class seats just take the space of two economy seats. There’s no reason to charge as much as airlines do.”

Nishikubo will compete with British Airways Plc, All Nippon Airways Co., Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd. and Japan Airlines Corp. on the London service. He expects to make a profit on the route in the first 12 months after starting the A380 London flights in November 2014.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:51 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hasn't almost every "all-business class" airline failed? Yes, I know that Open Skies (100% BA sub) is still in business, but I think that's it -- plenty of others are gone.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:58 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
I'll bet they're thinking STN-NRT or LTN-NRT. They could take over the facilities that Silverjet or Eos left ...
Old Nov 21, 2010, 7:24 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Not just NRT-LHR, they will launch JFK and FRA too!
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA MP
According to the article, there will be 114 business class seats and 280 premium economy seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.