Reload this Page >

Is there any Green car from Osaka to Tokyo with JR rail Pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there any Green car from Osaka to Tokyo with JR rail Pass

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2010, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by SJUAMMF
Only Shinkansen at Shin-Kurashiki station. The JR Kurashiki station on the Sanyo mainline is may be 2km away.
According to JP wiki it says 新倉敷駅 is served by 山陽本線 and 山陽新幹線

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%96%...95%B7%E9%A7%85
Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:46 am

I'm 6' tall, with a 36" inseam (i.e. short torso, long legs) and 105 kilos (i.e. I weight too much). I've been riding the Nozomi, Hikari, Hikari RailStar, Kamome, and Sonic trains for the last 3 weeks and have found the regular seats to be just fine. I haven't been tempted even once to pay extra for the green car.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 8:26 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by rts123
I'm 6' tall, with a 36" inseam (i.e. short torso, long legs) and 105 kilos (i.e. I weight too much). I've been riding the Nozomi, Hikari, Hikari RailStar, Kamome, and Sonic trains for the last 3 weeks and have found the regular seats to be just fine. I haven't been tempted even once to pay extra for the green car.
Yes. But rugby players already spend too much time with their heads locked between other mens' thighs. They like a break when the ride the train.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by ChrisLi
According to JP wiki it says 新倉敷駅 is served by 山陽本線 and 山陽新幹線

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%96%...95%B7%E9%A7%85
My apologies, that's what happens when I'm depending only by memory.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN, 7G, SPG (for now)
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
JR East(JR東日本) runs all Shinkansen NORTH of Tokyo.
JR Central (JR Tokai) runs all Shinkansen between Tokyo and Shin-Osaka.
JR West runs all Shinkansen from Shin Osaka to Hakata (this will change in March 2011, with the opening of the Kyushu Shinkansen).

Some of the 700 series train sets (all N700 series) have green cars (often 16 cars long). As others have pointed out you can use these trains when they run as Hikari with your green train pass.
Err... what I meant is the trains owned by, not run by. You are quite correct that the different JR companies swap train crews depending on the segment of the Shinkansen, although the train set may be owned by another JR company.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Green Cars everywhere

Originally Posted by Malcolm12
Can anyone please tell me if there is any green cars on the bullet train from Osaka to Tokyo using the JR rail pass? I understand that there is not a green car Osaka to Hiroshima using this pass,
Thanks everyone for your help, we are back from Japan and did buy the Green Car pass and got to use everywhere except some subways.
There is a 16 car from Osaka to Hiroshima leaves about 8.30am daily and returns about 8pm daily,it has 3 green cars and is the N700 cars used.
I used Hyperdia.com to search for the trains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.