Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luggage Retrieval/Transfer at NRT?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2009, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Luggage Retrieval/Transfer at NRT?

Will be flying JFK - NRT & then xfer to HGK. Will I have to retrieve my luggage or will it be checked straight through to HGK?
If I have to retrieve, what kind of hassle will that involve? We are flying Biz class.

I have not been to NRT since abt 10 yrs ago. I recall the Biz lounge then was not anything to write home about. We have abt a 4 hour layover, so I assume we'll be in the lounge. Is it much better than it was then? Still always overcrowded?

Thanks
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:18 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by coachgns
Will be flying JFK - NRT & then xfer to HGK. Will I have to retrieve my luggage or will it be checked straight through to HGK?
If I have to retrieve, what kind of hassle will that involve? We are flying Biz class.

I have not been to NRT since abt 10 yrs ago. I recall the Biz lounge then was not anything to write home about. We have abt a 4 hour layover, so I assume we'll be in the lounge. Is it much better than it was then? Still always overcrowded?

Thanks
Did you mean HKG (Hong Kong)? You don't need to pick up your baggage at Narita if you are transiting internationally.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 6:13 am
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by coachgns
New Sakura Lounge(main terminal) is far better than previous lounge.
Depending on the time you spend, the lounge could be crowded but it is so spacious and you can find seats.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

OOPS - Yep, meant HKG, Hong Kong.

Thanks for the info abt luggage & lounge - good to know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.