Search

Brisbane - Tokyo (Seatmap/Aircraft)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold
Brisbane - Tokyo (Seatmap/Aircraft)

Hello,

I thought i would start a new thread, i found half a dozen on the topic but they are over 2 years old and things may have changed.

I'm not sure what seat map i should use http://hiro2s.com/AirCraft/jal/jal.htm

There are 2 of us flying in economy on Qantas code share tickets. (QF369)

The Itinerary states Boeing 747-300 Passenger

Some of the posts from 2 years back say the 300 has been replaced by a 400.

Well if anyone knows what seat map or seat recommendations please let me know

I tried to use KVS availability tool, however i dont have a plat account.

Thank you

David
Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:59 am

Programs: *G
JL762/761 is still 747-300. They are still in good condition though. From time to time, but very rarely, JL operates with 747-400 but it's very unlikely.

If you are travelling with your mate, the last 4 rows in Economy is perfect since the configuration becomes 2-4-2. However, you can reserve the RHS seats since you are on QF tickets. Book the seats where 2-4-2 configuration starts. That way, window seats get extra room. I've done it before through QF office and it worked fine.

From time to time, JL 747-300 upper-deck has economy seats. You might wanna try.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lee_apromise
JL762/761 is still 747-300. They are still in good condition though. From time to time, but very rarely, JL operates with 747-400 but it's very unlikely.

If you are travelling with your mate, the last 4 rows in Economy is perfect since the configuration becomes 2-4-2. However, you can reserve the RHS seats since you are on QF tickets. Book the seats where 2-4-2 configuration starts. That way, window seats get extra room. I've done it before through QF office and it worked fine.

From time to time, JL 747-300 upper-deck has economy seats. You might wanna try.
Is it worth reserving seats now ?

I know its an extremely long shot but out of 6 people that i know that have flown on this flight over the last 2 years, 4 were upgraded (whole family of 4).

Choosing a seat now would stuff up any chance correct?
Old Jul 14, 2007, 1:04 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Before Oneworld it was not unusual for aussies to be upgraded on JAL.I think it is much less likely now.I travel BNE-NRT on JAL twice a year in business.It has become more difficult to get the discount business class tickets and in early December any business ticket.It would appear a lot of other Oneworld frequent flyers are trying out JAL.
In the past though I think you will find those that were upgraded had JL tickets not the QF codeshare.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 3:42 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by davem4
Is it worth reserving seats now ?

I know its an extremely long shot but out of 6 people that i know that have flown on this flight over the last 2 years, 4 were upgraded (whole family of 4).

Choosing a seat now would stuff up any chance correct?
Since JAL's joining to oneworld, everything went bad in terms of money. All the tickets prices skyrocketted. And since you have QF tickets, I doubt you will get upgraded.
Old Jul 14, 2007, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Goodnight guys, leaving in 6 hours for airport and want ot get some sleep.

Hopefully that SuperTyphoon wont be much problem :-/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.