Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK-NRT JAL047 - Which Biz Class Seats?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2007, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

JFK-NRT JAL047 - Which Biz Class Seats?

So, I've been reading some threads here about J class seating on JAL, and some mentioned that from JFK-NRT, flight JAL047 still uses the old business class seating. Is that still the case? Have they upgraded this route?

I get conflicting information from the Japan Airlines site, and I'm really hoping not to have to sit in the old business class all the way from JFK-NRT, but I'm already booked on flight 047. Any help would be much appreciated!
Old Jul 5, 2007, 6:22 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the FT JAL Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jul 6, 2007, 4:49 pm

Programs: JAL JGC/Diamond, IC RA
JL048/047s were upgraded to Shell Flat seats in September 2006.
I would hope they still have them

kojiro
Old Jul 9, 2007, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, that's great news!
Old Jul 11, 2007, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by dansac
Thank you, that's great news!
Main deck seating is the norm for biz on NRT-JFK...it's a huge section, probably the biggest on the plane (y is behind and in the bubble). Only 747 I've been on where my seat was aft of the wing.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, s
I am scheduled to fly on Flight 47 in F on January 8th and I wanted to know if the new F Seats have been implemented on this route.

I also have a newbie question. Will I be able to confirm JAL seats once I confirm my itinerary with AA. I am trying to go to MNL in F before this date but have had no luck in catch a seat. I know I can select the seats for the AA part of my flight HNL - DFW - LGA in F class already.

I have not been able to find a website with the seating layout of JAL airlines. I assume they have many configurations and that is why seatguru does not have them posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.