Wiki Posts
Search

Disappointing F experience at Haneda

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2024, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Gold; ex JAL JGCP
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I have used the JAL F lounge in Haneda twice in the past three months before heading back to London ( BA F & JL F)
Whist the main dining area itself is nice ( if nothing special) i have never found the tables filled with used dishes waiting for collection ( there is a trolley for used items in the corner towards the Red suite).
Sushi Tsurueti also had a trolley for used items but as I was taking my empty dish back a member of staff approached and took it off me,

The Red suite and the 5F salon area are the highlights of the HND F lounge
The reception staff have always said thank you and goodbye when I left.

Joined the back of the short Group 1 queue for the Jal F flight ( for the BA flight I was virtually last to board)

Have not tried the JAL F dedicated checkin room at HND ( flew out a couple of days before opening)

Regards

TBS
havent been to the checkin room either. it doesnt open at 5am (in fact, i believe 0630) and I was through just before 6am.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by GordonMacPherson
havent been to the checkin room either. it doesnt open at 5am (in fact, i believe 0630) and I was through just before 6am.
The new HND check in area is very nice and does feel very F. Private security lane that drops you off right at customs.

I do think the F lounge needs a dedicated area just for F passangers, even if it's small.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by golfer20
The new HND check in area is very nice and does feel very F. Private security lane that drops you off right at customs. immigration

I do think the F lounge needs a dedicated area just for F passangers, even if it's small.
Corrected the typo. Most countries don't have customs on exit unless you have large amounts of currency or other unique items to declare, then it's off to the side, not something that every passenger goes though.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by dvs7310
Corrected the typo. Most countries don't have customs on exit unless you have large amounts of currency or other unique items to declare, then it's off to the side, not something that every passenger goes though.
In Haneda there is actually a customs counter before you come to immigration so while I have not been through the new F entrance, it is not impossible that the private security lane has an exit there, or that would be the first counter you see when you walk out. It is not off to the side or particularly well hidden, as most who has done duty free shopping in Japan have to visit it.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:25 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by GordonMacPherson
Good to know. Is there an earliest check in time for F? I'm looking at the 1055 JL31 to BKK. January was my last time on JAL F from HND, shortly after the reopening of the runway, so the F check in room wasn't available then.

Last time about the same time of day waiting for the JL43 to LHR I had a super productive time in the Salon working while overlooking the apron. It was empty, only one other pax the whole time I was there. However not much going on in there at that time of day, although there was a fella at the bar making very posh coffee. I was on tea though.
GordonMacPherson likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Howard Long
Good to know. Is there an earliest check in time for F? I'm looking at the 1055 JL31 to BKK. January was my last time on JAL F from HND, shortly after the reopening of the runway, so the F check in room wasn't available then.

Last time about the same time of day waiting for the JL43 to LHR I had a super productive time in the Salon working while overlooking the apron. It was empty, only one other pax the whole time I was there. However not much going on in there at that time of day, although there was a fella at the bar making very posh coffee. I was on tea though.

Hi,

You can check in anytime once the counters open iirc (the f lounge opens at 0600 i think)

Regards

TBS
Howard Long likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Gold; ex JAL JGCP
Originally Posted by Howard Long

5am i think for checkin but before 6am the lounge aint open
Old Apr 8, 2024, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Agree. Done it close to 100 times. Lounge is kind of mediocre for F. And it's ridiculous to have to queue to board, but overall it's a pretty easy and stress free process. High class problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.