Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage and codeshare to/from US

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2024, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Baggage and codeshare to/from US

I am reading these rules but just wanted to confirm the experience. I am flying on a JAL ticket (economy) from DFW-NRT-BLR and returning on the same segments. The DFW-NRT segment is operated by AA.
Since JAL uses the First Marketing Carrier option for flights to/from US their baggage policy is 2 x checked bags and I read that this is what should apply.

AA's baggage policy is 1 free checked bag only. I am wondering if anyone has had any adverse experience with AA following the correct baggage policy and if I should be prepared to only be allowed to check in 1 bag for free and forced to pay for the 2nd bag?

I guess my broader question is - is it the experience that airline agents are sufficiently knowledgeable about these things as to not be too worried about it? At the airport I will be checking in with AA and the concern is that they may not know about JAL or other codeshare baggage policies.

PS - I usually travel carry on only but this time due to circumstance I have 2 checked bags.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The savvy and diligent folk on the JAL Forum would no doubt answer this query.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.