Wiki Posts
Search

JL41/43/45 diversions 4 & 5 Jan

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
JL41/43/45 diversions 4 & 5 Jan

Any thoughts why? I also note that EF (if it is to be believed) says these flights departed from HND T1 rather than T3.

4/1 JL43 HND to LHR divert via NRT
4/1 JL45 HND to CDG divert via NRT
5/1 JL41 HND to LHR divert via NGO
5/1 JL43 HND to LHR divert via NRT
5/1 JL45 HND to CDG divert via NRT

This is resulting typically in two hour delays on these flights, and similar delays to the departure & arrival of the corresponding JL42/44/46 return trips.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:49 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
I think it was posted in the thread about the accident involving JL516; due to runway 34R at Haneda being out of action (believed until Monday 8th Jan), the remaining runways available for takeoff being shorter and so the aircraft can't take off with as much fuel.

Others have mentioned that NH are not taking this approach but you can understand why JL are being extremely cautious at the moment, a couple of hours' delay is fairly minimal considering what's gone on this week.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm booked on JL44 which has been re-timed by 1h45m. What options do I have in terms of changing my ticket? (It's the return portion of a cash fare in K class). I actually no longer need to travel so wondering what sort of refund I could get, or what date change I could make?
Old Jan 5, 2024, 9:12 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by heartface
I'm booked on JL44 which has been re-timed by 1h45m. What options do I have in terms of changing my ticket? (It's the return portion of a cash fare in K class). I actually no longer need to travel so wondering what sort of refund I could get, or what date change I could make?
JAL have initiated a (purportedly very generous) refund/change policy which may be worth checking out: https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2024/other/240102-3/

No insight personally into whether you'd be able to get a refund for the unused portion, change rule (for international flights) is stated as:

We will accept one time booking change without any fee to an alternative flight until and including Saturday, April 20, 2024.
Hope this helps
Old Jan 5, 2024, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by pythonisman
JAL have initiated a (purportedly very generous) refund/change policy which may be worth checking out: https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2024/other/240102-3/

No insight personally into whether you'd be able to get a refund for the unused portion, change rule (for international flights) is stated as:

Hope this helps
Amazing. The phone agent stated -1/+3 days for the change, but I quoted the above and was able to push my flight back by a few months for free. Thank you so much!
pythonisman likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pythonisman
I think it was posted in the thread about the accident involving JL516; due to runway 34R at Haneda being out of action (believed until Monday 8th Jan), the remaining runways available for takeoff being shorter and so the aircraft can't take off with as much fuel.

Others have mentioned that NH are not taking this approach but you can understand why JL are being extremely cautious at the moment, a couple of hours' delay is fairly minimal considering what's gone on this week.
Excellent information, thank you!
Old Jan 5, 2024, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by heartface
Amazing. The phone agent stated -1/+3 days for the change, but I quoted the above and was able to push my flight back by a few months for free. Thank you so much!
I guess I'll miss you then! I am also on the 1h45m delayed JL44 today (and reciprocal JL43 on Tuesday).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.