Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL hnd-itm rebooking non changeable flight.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2023, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I have a J ticket hnd-itm, sadly the BA flight I’m on from London is 3.5hrs late and I won’t make the JAL flight - it’s a separate ticket. I’d allowed loads of time to connect 3.25hrs but no chance will make it. The JAL ticket is J but says non changeable and non refundable - any advice what to do as need to get to Osaka on 23/12. I now arrive 1120hrs on 23/12 - any suggestions ? Many thanks.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Calm down dear
I have a J ticket hnd-itm, sadly the BA flight I’m on from London is 3.5hrs late and I won’t make the JAL flight - it’s a separate ticket. I’d allowed loads of time to connect 3.25hrs but no chance will make it. The JAL ticket is J but says non changeable and non refundable - any advice what to do as need to get to Osaka on 23/12. I now arrive 1120hrs on 23/12 - any suggestions ? Many thanks.
Class J exists in many variants, also in non-changeable and non-refundable versions. The domestic counter in T3 closes at 11am. So your options are to go to T1 and talk to a JAL representative to see if they are willing to rebook you as a courtesy, and if not pay the walk up price. There are still seats available on all departures. The cheaper option if you can't get rebooked is to go to Shinagawa station and hop on the Shinkansen. But as you already are in Haneda, and maybe don't want to drag your luggage around too much, I'd say just book the flight.

PS. Class J is not J in terms of being business class, but just a more comfortable seat for the flight.
planes&trains likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 5:40 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
While there are still Class J seats available on most flights, the number of seats left is not large and many of them may get snapped up by upgraders and last minute purchasers. I would call JL now to find out your options and, if necessary, book an alternative flight ASAP.

P.S. I am also flying HND-ITM tomorrow...
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
While there are still Class J seats available on most flights, the number of seats left is not large and many of them may get snapped up by upgraders and last minute purchasers. I would call JL now to find out your options and, if necessary, book an alternative flight ASAP.

P.S. I am also flying HND-ITM tomorrow...
Hi,

Unfortunately the OP is now airborne on BA 7 ( due in to HND 1039 tomorrow local)
(not sure if BA 7 has wifi - it was a non wifi aircraft when i took it on 1st dec)
Regards

TBS
Old Dec 22, 2023, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Or take the train, instead of paying the same day fare.
Surely your destination is not Itami itself.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Update

Well the trek from the ba gate was long but we made it to the JAL desk landslide in t3 and they put us on the next flight but in Y - last 2 middle seats. They didn’t charge a difference. The buses t3 to t1 are only every 15 mins and we just missed one and got to gate at 1125 for the 1130 - but they were still boarding so all ended well.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Update

Well the trek from the ba gate was long but we made it to the JAL desk landslide in t3 and they put us on the next flight but in Y - last 2 middle seats. They didn’t charge a difference. The buses t3 to t1 are only every 15 mins and we just missed one and got to gate at 1125 for the 1130 - but they were still boarding so all ended well.
KaiW90 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.