Wiki Posts
Search

Early check-in for bags: sep tickets

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Early check-in for bags: sep tickets

Hello folks:

I will arrive at Haneda on JL in business from the US on a Tuesday at 4pm and depart on the next day for Sapporo at 9:55am, also on JL but in econ. These tickets were purchased separately.

My question is: on Tuesday (arrival day), may I go straight to the domestic terminal to check-in my bags for the Sapporo flight after Customs and Immigration? If so, this would really be helpful. I checked the JL website but couldn't find an answer.

Thank you very much.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
Hello folks:

I will arrive at Haneda on JL in business from the US on a Tuesday at 4pm and depart on the next day for Sapporo at 9:55am, also on JL but in econ. These tickets were purchased separately.

My question is: on Tuesday (arrival day), may I go straight to the domestic terminal to check-in my bags for the Sapporo flight after Customs and Immigration? If so, this would really be helpful. I checked the JL website but couldn't find an answer.

Thank you very much.
JAL will tag your luggage to CTS and the transfer counter in T3 will be open when you arrive. But, I am not actually sure if they accept overnight luggage for domestic flights. I don't have a written reference I can find, but I think you might have to hang on to it until the counters open the next day.

As a check in, if not tagged through you certainly can only do it the day of the flight.
Barkinpark likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 9:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ALL Gold
If JAL do not accept the bags, there are places in HND to store your bags overnight. More info here: https://tokyo-haneda.com/en/service/...checkroom.html
You could potentially transfer to JAL's terminal via the metro, drop it off in that terminal, head off and do your thing, then collect and check them in the next day.
Barkinpark and percysmith like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.