Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL 41 Equipment change and downgrade, options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2023, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Iberia Plus Plata, SPG Gold

Hello. Flying HND-LHR in December in F with miles, when I booked on the 777. I checked the booking and it now appears as the 797-9 and I’m in J, assuming because of an equipment swap. I wasn’t notified nor received the corresponding miles returned to my account.

I called the airline but they weren’t that helpful.

Any recourse possible here? I booked back in April but there isn’t F availability now on the day I’m travelling or the day afterwards.

Thanks
Old Nov 24, 2023, 4:47 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Did you book via JMB or other program? You will need to reach out to the one who issued your ticket for a refund and ask for options.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Iberia Plus Plata, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak
Did you book via JMB or other program? You will need to reach out to the one who issued your ticket for a refund and ask for options.
Thanks, JALPak . I called AA (issuer) and they were of little help other than offering to cancel the booking. Curious if others have had better luck in a situation like this, perhaps facilitating award space on another flight that day, for example.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 9:58 am

Not of any help unfortunately, I am in the same boat, but just cancelled the now downgraded flight (online, through AA) and booked a new one in F. Some 12 hours earlier, but that works for me.

I was surprised to actially find a seat now that the twice daily flight (with F) changed to once a day.
JasonMIA likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2023, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by JasonMIA
Thanks, JALPak . I called AA (issuer) and they were of little help other than offering to cancel the booking. Curious if others have had better luck in a situation like this, perhaps facilitating award space on another flight that day, for example.
I've read people talk about the possibility of getting an agent with the ticket issuer to contact JAL to convince them to open another award seat in F on another flight that AA could then book. Not sure if anyone has ever succeeded in this.
aquanine and JasonMIA like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.