Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't select seat in First Class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2023, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Can't select seat in First Class

I had an F ticket booked on JAL from SFO->HND, using Alaska miles. At around 5pm today I checked to see if one would be released for the following day (my actual travel day), and it was, so I immediately switched the booking over, and got a confirmation code.

Checking the flight on the JAL website, it won't let me select the seat - everything is blocked off. It still says that I'm ticketed, though.

I know 1A and 1K are generally blocked for selection until the day before the flight - do I just have one of those seats automatically then? Or am I at risk of getting bumped off the flight? Just want to make sure I actually have the ticket I want.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lexarqade
I had an F ticket booked on JAL from SFO->HND, using Alaska miles. At around 5pm today I checked to see if one would be released for the following day (my actual travel day), and it was, so I immediately switched the booking over, and got a confirmation code.

Checking the flight on the JAL website, it won't let me select the seat - everything is blocked off. It still says that I'm ticketed, though.

I know 1A and 1K are generally blocked for selection until the day before the flight - do I just have one of those seats automatically then? Or am I at risk of getting bumped off the flight? Just want to make sure I actually have the ticket I want.
You will not be bumped of the flight, likelihood is that they are just holding seat assignments until OLCI or the airport.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

That makes sense. I did run a search on expertflyer and it does say all of them are booked and then 1a/k are just blocked for now. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.