Search

Non-JAL coded flights credit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2023, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Oneworld pleb, Accors Hotel Gold
Non-JAL coded flights credit

Hi everyone

I wonder if you can help me figure it out. So i was hoping to move up in the JAL programe. I tried two times already to credit my OW flights to the JMB programme (one with Cathay Pacific and another with Qantas) and in both circumstances there were not credited. At first I thought it was just a mistake but when I insisted to check the Qantas flight, the book reservation (bought through OTA) does not show up in their system. I am now really reluctant to book any OW flight if they are not JAL coded, and instead keep relying on Slkyteam where I already have elite status. Can you please advice on what I can do?
Old Oct 3, 2023, 6:00 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
I had no problems getting credits from CX, even when they are CX coded. They got posted pretty quickly too. But most of the CX discounted Y fares don’t earn JMB miles. Make sure you aren’t on one of those.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by asian_crossfitter
Hi everyone

I wonder if you can help me figure it out. So i was hoping to move up in the JAL programe. I tried two times already to credit my OW flights to the JMB programme (one with Cathay Pacific and another with Qantas) and in both circumstances there were not credited. At first I thought it was just a mistake but when I insisted to check the Qantas flight, the book reservation (bought through OTA) does not show up in their system. I am now really reluctant to book any OW flight if they are not JAL coded, and instead keep relying on Slkyteam where I already have elite status. Can you please advice on what I can do?
What was your booking classes for CX and QF? In economy you have to buy pretty expensive tickets to earn anything with JAL, Qantas is better though.

For tickets that were eligible to earn, I have never had problems with them posting to JMB.
asian_crossfitter likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.