Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Lane, Immigration at HND

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2023, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum
Priority Lane, Immigration at HND

Does anyone know if there is a priority lane for immigration at HND? We are two Americans and flying on JAL 5 JFK-HND in business class and hope to get to our hotel at a reasonable time (tentative touch down is 16:35). I thought I read somewhere there was priority for J class but not sure if that was pre-pandemic? Or maybe only in NRT? Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by renebt
Does anyone know if there is a priority lane for immigration at HND? We are two Americans and flying on JAL 5 JFK-HND in business class and hope to get to our hotel at a reasonable time (tentative touch down is 16:35). I thought I read somewhere there was priority for J class but not sure if that was pre-pandemic? Or maybe only in NRT? Thanks in advance.
Not anymore unfortunately at either airport.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 8:12 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Technically speaking, there is a priority line but it's not for F/J passengers, it's for those who have, for example, the APEC card or other such privilege status, or diplomat/official. However, JL5 arrives at a time when the rush is relatively light, I just did this last month and it was out of the airport and in a taxi with my luggage in 45 minutes. You should be fine.
renebt likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by pesos
Not anymore unfortunately at either airport.
There never was a premium Class immigration fast track in Haneda, and only an F one in Narita.

On a side note, the entry to the F fast track in T1 was manned when I passed through recently, but unless there are very clear guidance on the invitation, people are probably going to spend more time finding it than going through the regular line.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 6:46 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club
does anyone know if the priority lane in Haneda and Narita is open back up now
Old Nov 2, 2023, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by oscarwong20
does anyone know if the priority lane in Haneda and Narita is open back up now
There never was one for premium passengers in Haneda. I have seen the first class one in Narita manned. But Narita does require you to a first class passenger.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:35 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K
Yes, I just used the Premium line at HND last weekend, no problem! Note that there are two premium security lines, one always seems to be open and another opens at 7 or 8 am.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:38 am

As of last month when I flew with AA metal, there was a priority lane for security check. Both first and business class passengers are eligible using it.

EDIT, Oops I missed the point. I'm not aware of the priority lane for immigration.

Last edited by bi1963; Nov 3, 2023 at 11:34 am
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:40 am

You guys aren’t answering the question being asked (immigration)
CPH-Flyer, bi1963 and nexusCFX like this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 1:10 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K
I don't remember seeing a business class immigration line last week. They do have a "priority line" but I think it is for VIPs, APEC card and crew. I don't recall the sign doesn't say anything about Business Class. We were able to use it based on APEC card.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 6:39 pm

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I don't recall Japanese immigration ever having a priority lane for premium class passengers. The only priority lane is for APEC card holders and diplomats.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
I don't recall Japanese immigration ever having a priority lane for premium class passengers. The only priority lane is for APEC card holders and diplomats.
Narita had a special pass given to F pax pre-covid - very handy when the line was long. Haneda never had it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.