Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic F from HND to CTS Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2023, 10:16 am

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
I like the Jal Dom F class service but fact they offered in ITM route really make me like doing a speedrun through their meal since I am slow eater and the onboard service was like 20 min assuming the weather is fine without an turbulance.

Managed to try (via same day upgrade) their seasonal ISG dom first class, which is always full and at least I can slowly enjoy the whole experience. But the cash fares offered was equivalent of MH KUL-BKK/CGK/south east asia business class flight.

If i am not mistaken, same day upgrade are only applicable 3 hours before departure?

So basically I no longer able to check in at 5am and put myself on first class standby waiting (assuming it was full) for 3pm flight?

Also the upgrade fares are no longer fixed at 10,000 yen and it could be higher isnt it?
Old Aug 26, 2023, 1:19 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Yes same day upgrade only opens 3 hours before scheduled departure time
Old Aug 26, 2023, 6:39 pm

Is Japan Explorer Pass fare eligible for Same Day Upgrade?

Can Same Day Upgrade only be done at the airport (i.e., it cannot be done online)?
Old Aug 26, 2023, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by majortom421
Is Japan Explorer Pass fare eligible for Same Day Upgrade?

Can Same Day Upgrade only be done at the airport (i.e., it cannot be done online)?
It basically has to be done online now, 3 hours ahead of departure. Japan explorer fares are also applicable.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It basically has to be done online now, 3 hours ahead of departure. Japan explorer fares are also applicable.
Thank you. I will try to upgrade my HND-FUK flight in October.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 5:02 am

Programs: AY+ Plat / OWE, SQ KrisFlyer, KQ Plat / ST Elite Plus, BT VIP
This thread is closest to my matter which is; I'll be flying HND-OKA in F at breakfast hours (9.40am), is there a choice of western breakfast option? As I guess Japanese breakfast often contains seafood, which I'm allergic to. I wouldn't want to preorder a vegetarian meal etc. as I'd like an otherwise "normal" meal, only without any seafood dishes.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 5:04 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Purserin painajainen
This thread is closest to my matter which is; I'll be flying HND-OKA in F at breakfast hours (9.40am), is there a choice of western breakfast option? As I guess Japanese breakfast often contains seafood, which I'm allergic to. I wouldn't want to preorder a vegetarian meal etc. as I'd like an otherwise "normal" meal, only without any seafood dishes.
You can check out the exact menu on JAL website. There’s no choice at all and you won’t even have an option to order special meals.

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/ja/dom/serv...311/index.html
Old Nov 15, 2023, 6:03 am

Programs: AY+ Plat / OWE, SQ KrisFlyer, KQ Plat / ST Elite Plus, BT VIP
Originally Posted by JALPak
You can check out the exact menu on JAL website. There’s no choice at all and you won’t even have an option to order special meals.

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/ja/dom/serv...311/index.html
Ok, thanks for the info! Looks like the appetizer contains shrimp and roe, but I can live with that as other dishes are fine.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 9:22 am

I was able to do a Same Day Upgrade at the airport (at the airside JAL help desk) for my HND-FUK Japan Explorer Fare flight last month.
DRAGON_fly likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I was able to do a Same Day Upgrade at the airport (at the airside JAL help desk) for my HND-FUK Japan Explorer Fare flight last month.
Yes, you can do it at the airport, but the upgrade window opens 3 hours before departure, and it now opens online as well. Meaning for popular departures the rush is online at that time stamp, as people now don't need to be at the airport.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Yes, you can do it at the airport, but the upgrade window opens 3 hours before departure, and it now opens online as well. Meaning for popular departures the rush is online at that time stamp, as people now don't need to be at the airport.
It depends on the ticket. I had an AA issued ticket CTS-HND last week and the online system just told me it was ineligible. I had to do it at the airport. Fortunately it was an A350 flight with plenty of open seats. I suspect any non-JL issued tickets won't work online. I suspect it's because JL's system treats them as international tickets vs. domestic.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 7:07 pm

Programs: JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Amtrak Select Plus,Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by Purserin painajainen
Ok, thanks for the info! Looks like the appetizer contains shrimp and roe, but I can live with that as other dishes are fine.
If it's any help, the menu will contains markups for some allergens, but if you ask, the FA's have a more detailed menu with the allergens that they can check. I know one time I was left eating just the packet of rice and bowl of udon de sky because the main and sides have something I was allergic too
Old Nov 15, 2023, 10:51 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by NYCBunny
udon de sky because the main and sides have something I was allergic too
Was a bit allergic to pre-pandemic Sky Time. The post-pandemic replacement is better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.