Wiki Posts
Search

ORD to NRT flights?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2023, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold
ORD to NRT flights?

Hi. I flew from ORD to HND on April 1 earlier this month. That was their 40th anniversary of their first Chicago to Tokyo (to Narita) flight. I was surprised that the whole presentation was done at our gate, which was the flight to HND. I looked online and saw that, at least now, there are no ORD-NRT flights operated by JAL. When did they stop flying this route? Actually, I prefer flying through HND. Did JAL permanently pull out of ORD-NRT route? Is ANA planning to keep flying this route?
Old Apr 19, 2023, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by psoque
Hi. I flew from ORD to HND on April 1 earlier this month. That was their 40th anniversary of their first Chicago to Tokyo (to Narita) flight. I was surprised that the whole presentation was done at our gate, which was the flight to HND. I looked online and saw that, at least now, there are no ORD-NRT flights operated by JAL. When did they stop flying this route? Actually, I prefer flying through HND. Did JAL permanently pull out of ORD-NRT route? Is ANA planning to keep flying this route?
Yes JAL moved JL9/8 from Narita to Haneda. During the pandemic the operated JL8009/8008 to Narita to allow for connections not possible via Haneda. But JL9/8 was moved to Haneda with the capacity expansion in Haneda from the summer schedule 2020.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 3:49 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
NH has maintained their NRT-ORD-NRT service without interruption.

NRT is still my favorite to/from ORD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.