Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL to introduce Diamond Metal FLY ON status from April 2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2023, 10:46 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum

Diamond Metal exists today but JAL has not published the requirements and benefits. From 2024 service year, JAL will formally introduce the Diamond Metal FLY ON status and benefits. You will need to accumulate 150,000 FLY ON points on JAL Group flights, or 180 JAL Group flights and 50,000 FLY ON points in 2023.

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/jalmile/...diamond-metal/

This may explain why the 2023 metal benefits have been reduced, CPH-Flyer
Old Mar 16, 2023, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
Diamond Metal exists today but JAL has not published the requirements and benefits. From 2024 service year, JAL will formally introduce the Diamond Metal FLY ON status and benefits. You will need to accumulate 150,000 FLY ON points on JAL Group flights, or 180 JAL Group flights and 50,000 FLY ON points in 2023.

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/jalmile/...diamond-metal/

This may explain why the 2023 metal benefits have been reduced, CPH-Flyer
It does sadly. I'll have to see how much of an increase in qualification it represents. Not sure I have done 150K JAL group FOP in a year. Maybe it is my last year of metal card this year, though currently I am on track for it.... Just need to keep going lol.
Mizunara and DRAGON_fly like this.
Old Mar 16, 2023, 9:33 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

How does anyone do 180 JAL group flights in a calendar year?
Old Mar 16, 2023, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by izzik
How does anyone do 180 JAL group flights in a calendar year?
It is not as difficult as it sounds.

For a couple of years I did about 130 SK flights a year. That actually came quite easy, the points is that these are mainly short haul. I did an irregular commute to Stockholm from Copenhagen by plane. Change that to a regular commute by plane and you are easily there.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 7:16 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
So I guess fly a shorthaul roundtrip between 2 cities for 90 days. That's really crazy...
Old Mar 17, 2023, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck
So I guess fly a shorthaul roundtrip between 2 cities for 90 days. That's really crazy...
It's easier if you have to connect. Fly once per week from Tōkyō to OKI or from OKA to CTS and you're done.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 6:44 pm

Programs: Jal Global Club
This is sort of a joke.
You basically get a metal card and wow, 30,000 bonus miles. You just flew 180 flights, it's not like you would care. Though, obvious first step to downgrade other status.

Once a huge JAL fan, they completely lost me. Them refusing to bring back blanket on domestic flights because of "Covid" in 2023 is just another example of their cost cutting priorities. I was still hopping that Monday announcement will bring them back but I was wrong (and cold!).
as on my way to the JGC 5 stars in 2022 but gradually switching more and more of my flights to different airlines.

It is nothing statistic but I keep hearing about me people complaining about JAL downgraded services recently.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a look at my history, I did actually do 150K JAL Group FOP in 2019, which was the year that led to getting the metal card the first time. So it was probably also the guiding figure back when it was an unpublished level. The difference being they had discretionary wriggle room to hand it out.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 5:26 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Wouldn't it be better if they just use Metallic Card as the name than putting Diamond on top of it...?

JAL likely to add more status in between the existing tiers from the new service group and then downgrade Sapphire altogether to OW Ruby.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 8:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
JAL likely to add more status in between the existing tiers from the new service group and then downgrade Sapphire altogether to OW Ruby.
This isn't really the right thread for this topic but I don't see your scenario happening.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 7:30 am

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Pretty sure I received 40000 yen worth of voucher when I got the metal card in 2020. Guess that bit is replaced by the 30000 miles
Old Mar 21, 2023, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Comet21
Pretty sure I received 40000 yen worth of voucher when I got the metal card in 2020. Guess that bit is replaced by the 30000 miles
It is indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.