Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL announces summer 2023 international plans, A350-1000 on HND-JFK, new intl cabin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 19, 2024, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
Seat Map: https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/aircraft/conf/351.html

Rollout Schedule:

HND-JFK (JL5/6)
- Every other day from 2024-01-24
- Daily from 2024-02-01

HND-DFW (JL11/12)
- Every other day from 2024-04-17, except between 2024-07-01 and 2024-07-25.

HND-JFK (JL3/4)
- JL4 Daily from 2024-07-01, except on July 3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24.
- JL3 Daily from 2024-07-02, except on July 4,7,10,13,16,19,22,25

HND-LHR (JL43/44)
- FY2024

A350 Production Status
By the end of FY2024, JAL expects to operate a total of 8 A350-1000’s
JAL expects to introduce 11 A350-1000’s by FY2025

Delivered
JA01WJ https://aviation.flights/aib/A350/610
JA02WJ https://aviation.flights/aib/A350/628
JA03WJ https://aviation.flights/aib/A350/635

In Production
JA04WJ https://aviation.flights/aib/A350/662

MSN670 https://aviation.flights/aib/A350/670
MSN676 https://aviation.flights/aib/A350/676
MSN679 https://aviation.flights/aib/A350/679
MSN683 https://aviation.flights/aib/A350/683
Print Wikipost

JAL announces summer 2023 international plans, A350-1000 on HND-JFK, new intl cabin

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2023, 3:52 pm

Programs: JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Amtrak Select Plus,Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak
We will get JAL SKY SUITE NEO which basically is just adding a door to the existing SKY SUITE
Woah woah... But that would make the aisle seats actually a good seat I'd rather have the middle seat than an aisle seat with the Sky Suites.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 2:03 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AS 75k
Originally Posted by teltehdog
Just got email of my flight from hnd to ord f reward is downgrade to j not really happy with this book it back in December so I can enjoy JL10 f flight for this august. Is this typical, anyone gotten there f back from j talking to AA or JAL? Since 80k AA was use and same flight for j is 60k
I just got the same email, just booked with AS instead of AA. Interestingly though, they rebooked me into a revenue J fare (and a T fare for my connection that was in economy) instead on a U fare like my other awards.

Anyone care to guess if they will catch that? Am I likely to have trouble the day of departure if I do try to fly it as is? Would be nice to get the extra miles if they do credit it to me.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 8:43 am

Programs: AP, Avios, AS, Flying Blue, WJD
Originally Posted by barabbas90
I just got the same email, just booked with AS instead of AA. Interestingly though, they rebooked me into a revenue J fare (and a T fare for my connection that was in economy) instead on a U fare like my other awards.

Anyone care to guess if they will catch that? Am I likely to have trouble the day of departure if I do try to fly it as is? Would be nice to get the extra miles if they do credit it to me.
We called AS as soon as the aircraft changed and they reissued the ticket as you said from F to J class (although AS system shows as Coach). They also refunded the 10k points difference.
I had 2 other U class bookings on the same flight and those remain unchanged.
As long as you can select seats with your ticket on JAL website, you should be good.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 10:06 am

Deleted.

Last edited by AwardRook21; Feb 17, 2023 at 4:11 pm
Old Feb 14, 2023, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by AwardRook21
Hi All,

I had a quick question. I booked two one-way J award tickets via BA Avios on JL3 (JFK - HND) and JL4 (HND - JFK) in January 2024. I see both of these flights are currently saying that they will be on the 777-300ER (773). Due to the 2-3-2 configuration on this plane, this flight has quite a few J seats from what I can see. Am I at risk of being downgraded if the plane changes to a A350-1000 since that configuration may have less J seats or less F seats (I have no idea how many J seats it actually has)? I know January 2024 is far away, and the schedule for that period has not been released so we cannot know anything for sure, but I figured the folks on FT might have some insight here. On a separate, but related, note, for those that have booked JAL J tickets using BA Avios (or know what the process is like), is it likely my J tickets will be downgraded in general/for another reason on this route at this time of year? As you can probably tell, this is the first time I have booked tickets 355 days out haha.
I would not expect the A350 to have a significant reduction in J capacity. But most expectations are that the A350 will be in JL5/6, so your chance of remaining on an 777-300ER are probably pretty high.
Even though the Apex suites are 2-3-2 it is not a particularly dense configuration due to the overall layout of the seat.
kovy42 and AwardRook21 like this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AS 75k
Originally Posted by CHRoNiCWiLL
We called AS as soon as the aircraft changed and they reissued the ticket as you said from F to J class (although AS system shows as Coach). They also refunded the 10k points difference.
I had 2 other U class bookings on the same flight and those remain unchanged.
As long as you can select seats with your ticket on JAL website, you should be good.
The flight still is showing as J even after the agent went in and refunded the miles?

If I had to forgo the 10k miles to earn the EQM/RDM it might be worth it to me. But if I could get both, obviously that would be best.

Like you, Im able to select seats in business, it still has a ticket number. Only thing is that it shows "Coach" on the AS site, but sounds like you experienced that too. So in theory I should be good!

If you dont mind, after you fly, can you let me know if you run into any troubles?
Old Feb 17, 2023, 6:57 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I just got a schedule change for JL41 in July and it's now showing a 787 with SS III. There's no way that can actually be correct can it? 14hr flight. This has to be the wrong 787 type loaded...

It's showing APEX suites for earlier dates and that's what it is right now so I'll just keep an eye out and pray my good seat doesn't get re-assigned into something bad when it swaps again.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 7:05 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I just got a schedule change for JL41 in July and it's now showing a 787 with SS III. There's no way that can actually be correct can it? 14hr flight. This has to be the wrong 787 type loaded...

It's showing APEX suites for earlier dates and that's what it is right now so I'll just keep an eye out and pray my good seat doesn't get re-assigned into something bad when it swaps again.
They regularly use SSIII on long-haul flights these days even though they were originally designed for the medium haul routes. JL69 is a 12.5hr flight and JL has been using SSIII on this route for a while now.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 7:20 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
They regularly use SSIII on long-haul flights these days even though they were originally designed for the medium haul routes. JL69 is a 12.5hr flight and JL has been using SSIII on this route for a while now.
Will be flying ANA instead if this sticks. JL69 is a route to KIX so I'm not sure if it's that indicative. Tokyo to London is one of the most premium routes out there.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 7:24 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Will be flying ANA instead if this sticks. JL69 is a route to KIX so I'm not sure if it's that indicative. Tokyo to London is one of the most premium routes out there.
You should just cancel your booking and switch to ANA then. JL website usually has pretty accurate seat info for schedules that have been announced.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 10:56 pm

You should just cancel your booking and switch to ANA then. JL website usually has pretty accurate seat info for schedules that have been announced.
Good to know. It's semi flex and I don't need the money immediately so I don't need to cancel yet but I will look to rebook sooner rather than later then.

I had booked JAL because they run the only red-eye on this route which I prefer, but they're really going downhill if they're putting SS III on this route while ANA is flying The Room.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 11:04 pm

Was surprised that JAL doesn't run an F cabin on such a premium route with ANA doing The Suite, but then I realized that they do on JL44. Interesting that the 77w stays south and goes under Russia and the 787 goes the other way, arctic over Alaska.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by pesos
Was surprised that JAL doesn't run an F cabin on such a premium route with ANA doing The Suite, but then I realized that they do on JL44. Interesting that the 77w stays south and goes under Russia and the 787 goes the other way, arctic over Alaska.
JL42 goes south around just like JL44, JL41 and JL43 goes north around. If you compare 41 to 44 you get the variance in route.... 41 is HND LHR, 44 is LHR HND.

As there is no meal after take off on JL41 it does kind of make sense to just have J not F. But admittedly for JL42 it could make sense to have F.
​​​​
Old Feb 17, 2023, 11:20 pm

ahhhhh that makes sense. I was looking at the maps and didn't realize the destinations were flipped.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 6:08 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Since I have expiring miles by end of next month, hope to redeem at least 1 or 2 flights on the new A351.

Last edited by lcpteck; Feb 18, 2023 at 6:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.