Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Breakfast at JL First Class and Business Class Lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2022, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

So I'll be flying MH89 out of NRT. I'm a Oneworld Emerald. I'm wondering what the breakfast menu is like at both lounges? Are they any good? Or should I have breakfast at my hotel? Are there any other lounges with better food if neither JL lounges are decent?
Old Dec 31, 2022, 3:46 pm

JL first lounge does an excellent Japanese breakfast plate - rice, pickles, miso soup, fish. The sushi bar will also be serving a selection although the fish seems to have got less fancy post pandemic.

There may be some western options, I don’t recall. The coffee is distinctly average.

I wouldn’t bet on much being open airside and there probably isn’t anything better than the JAL first lounge in any case.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 7:58 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
I haven't used the lounges since before COVID, but the pre-pandemic breakfast buffet at the Sakura Lounge (business class lounge) included several Japanese breakfast items as well as Western items like sausage, scrambled eggs, and a selection of bread. (Note that scrambled eggs in Japan are not fluffy like in the West. They're very undercooked and runny. So what I usually look for is the "tamagoyaki" (little slices of omelet) among the Japanese selections.)
Old Mar 17, 2024, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Does anyone have any recent experience they could share regarding breakfast service in the JAL First Class Lounge at HND?

I’ve got my first flight as OWE out of HND coming up and I’m excited to explore the lounge. Unfortunately, my flight leaves at 8:40am - I’ll try to get to the airport at 7:00, but have to check luggage, so I’m afraid I won’t have much time to enjoy the lounge. Will all areas, including the champagne bar/red salon be open this early?
Old Mar 17, 2024, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
Does anyone have any recent experience they could share regarding breakfast service in the JAL First Class Lounge at HND?

I’ve got my first flight as OWE out of HND coming up and I’m excited to explore the lounge. Unfortunately, my flight leaves at 8:40am - I’ll try to get to the airport at 7:00, but have to check luggage, so I’m afraid I won’t have much time to enjoy the lounge. Will all areas, including the champagne bar/red salon be open this early?
Hi,
All areas of the JAL F lounge ( inc the Salon room upstairs) will be open at that time ( the Salon closes at 11am until 7 pm). The Sushi restaurant ( Sushi Tsurutei) and salon open at 7am. The lounge itself opens at 6am
The cathay pacific lounge ( J/f) is pretty good also and will be open also)

I did like the Red suite particularly and the upstairs salon ( they have hand dripped coffee and specially designed art work on the cups and saucers)
Last couple of times there I ordered via the QR code ( just had sushi as i was going to be in F) including the Sushi restaurant
Regards

TBS
lsquare, EDDLEGLL and astra19e like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Mar 17, 2024 at 8:58 am
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Gold; ex JAL JGCP
Originally Posted by oldfolky
JL first lounge does an excellent Japanese breakfast plate - rice, pickles, miso soup, fish. The sushi bar will also be serving a selection although the fish seems to have got less fancy post pandemic.

There may be some western options, I don’t recall. The coffee is distinctly average.

I wouldn’t bet on much being open airside and there probably isn’t anything better than the JAL first lounge in any case.
Maguro, scallops and squid is hardly less fancy. depends on luck anyhow.

Curry, Gyudon and bento are regulars on the menu.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:53 pm

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Here are some photos online of the food options

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/ja/info/2023/inter/231211_2/
Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Comet21
Here are some photos online of the food options

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/ja/info/2023/inter/231211_2/
Though there are some overlaps, like the curry. That is the Sakura Lounge menu.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 5:54 pm

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
This link is for the F lounge

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/ja/info/2024/inter/240228/
Old Mar 19, 2024, 2:21 pm

When I am asked what I'm eating for breakfast at the HND F Lounge:

izzik likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.