Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic PNR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2022, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Domestic PNR

Hi - booked a CX award on JAL domestic. IS there anyway I can find out the JAL PNRs to be able to MMB? The CX ones don't work.

Thanks
Old Sep 30, 2022, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ANstar
Hi - booked a CX award on JAL domestic. IS there anyway I can find out the JAL PNRs to be able to MMB? The CX ones don't work.

Thanks
If the two are different, you'd need to get it from CX. But try the CX pnr under international bookings on the JAL page.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If the two are different, you'd need to get it from CX. But try the CX pnr under international bookings on the JAL page.
Thanks - using the International bookings page worked!
dvs7310 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ANstar
Thanks - using the International bookings page worked!
Partner award bookings of domestic JAL flights system wise counts as international bookings.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Partner award bookings of domestic JAL flights system wise counts as international bookings.
Which actually sucks because you can't do Class J upgrades on them until you get to the airport check in. Since prices skyrocketed this year, I can often buy Avios much cheaper than domestic revenue tickets, but it's very frustrating to lose out on Class J upgrades on busy days because of it. Sure you 'can' get Class J on partner awards again, but it's at double the redemption unlike the 2,000 yen upcharge normally here.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dvs7310
Which actually sucks because you can't do Class J upgrades on them until you get to the airport check in. Since prices skyrocketed this year, I can often buy Avios much cheaper than domestic revenue tickets, but it's very frustrating to lose out on Class J upgrades on busy days because of it. Sure you 'can' get Class J on partner awards again, but it's at double the redemption unlike the 2,000 yen upcharge normally here.
Well, it sucks equally for JAL awards....
  • When traveling with Economy Class award tickets, you may use a Class J seat, if available at the time of departure by paying the Same-day upgrade charge. (Advance reservations are not accepted. Upgrading to Class J by redeeming additional mileage at the airport is not permitted.)
So you'd have to redeem Class J initially with JAL awards, or wait until day of departure. But admittedly it is easier to find class J redemptions with JAL miles. But there are no 2000 yen upgrades in advance on Y awards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.