Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL to introduce SKY DELI by JAL on HND-GMP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:05 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum

https://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/202206/006753.html

JAL will “enhance” Y meal service on HND-GMP when it resume service on Jun 30 2022. The traditional tray style meal will be replaced with cafe style paper bag one. JAL claims passengers requested for easier to eat meals on short flights and the paper packaging is more environmental friendly.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by JALPak
https://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/202206/006753.html

JAL will “enhance” Y meal service on HND-GMP when it resume service on Jun 30 2022. The traditional tray style meal will be replaced with cafe style paper bag one. JAL claims passengers requested for easier to eat meals on short flights and the paper packaging is more environmental friendly.

LOL, yes, I'm sure they requested it, because the plastic tray was too difficult to manage. That's a good one JL.

But in fairness I wouldn't mind this becoming the norm in economy intra-Asia. It would solve the seat recline issue, you don't need the person in front of you to put their seat up to have a bagged meal. Now to get the JL flight attendants to understand that might be a new issue altogether.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
And the gulf (or chasm) between Y and J widens further.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.