Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Haneda: Sakura Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Originally Posted by yabadoo
The First Class Lounge looks nice, but, it's not running at normal First Class level of service currently. Food and drink options have been reduced significantly, and just generally the variety of food has gone down. Sushi is still there, some salad, a Japanese set meal and some pasta dish as well as Japanese curry with rice, not much else except for soup and bread. No snacks but there are packets of cookies. Wine choices are limited and top-shelf liquor is not there and the premium Champagne has been replaced with British sparkling wine.

The showers are nice, there are luggage storage lockers, the chairs are of average comfort, no loungers that you can really snooze in, you can flop over on the chair and sleep and that's what I did. When they close the lounge you can ask for some blankets and you can go to any of the gates outside and sleep on the seats, usually there are a handful of people around, or you can go to some far off gate and get all the peace and quiet you want.
Spot on though ive fiund the showers biz lounges a bit small and lacking in space to put things down. A quick comarison would be another Asian lounge in EVA TPE J lounge. Though there are many variations as well there but the largest was grander than anything in JAL
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:39 am

Programs: whatever it takes
Originally Posted by yabadoo
The First Class Lounge looks nice, but, it's not running at normal First Class level of service currently. Food and drink options have been reduced significantly, and just generally the variety of food has gone down. Sushi is still there, some salad, a Japanese set meal and some pasta dish as well as Japanese curry with rice, not much else except for soup and bread. No snacks but there are packets of cookies. Wine choices are limited and top-shelf liquor is not there and the premium Champagne has been replaced with British sparkling wine.

The showers are nice, there are luggage storage lockers, the chairs are of average comfort, no loungers that you can really snooze in, you can flop over on the chair and sleep and that's what I did. When they close the lounge you can ask for some blankets and you can go to any of the gates outside and sleep on the seats, usually there are a handful of people around, or you can go to some far off gate and get all the peace and quiet you want.
Thanks for the extra clarification on storage lockers. None of the reviews I saw had a photo nor mentioned them. Nice to know I can ditch my belongings and try to flop over. Even better is if I can leave stuff in the locker until they reopen to collect. Then I can truly crash in the airport gate areas. Not that I think anyone would come around to take my stuff while I'm dozing in some remote part but it's one less thing to think about.

Yeah, I saw Live Let's Fly review of sleeping at Haneda.

Handy tip for a blanket. I'm planning to bring an inflatable camp pillow, but shy away from a blanket as that is quite bulky. Nice to know I can ask. I don't get that cold easily anyway. Not as good as the Dutch Iceman or some Buddhist monks.....but good enough for an airport!

Old Jun 24, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by zarkov505
While IN THEORY AA should be able to handle seat assignments, as the marketing carrier, I've had bad luck with this in the past.
I have not had success with JL willing to assign seats on AA-marketed, JL-operated flights.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is the lounge self-serve wine still? How is the onboard experience now? Is it back to normal or severely reduced?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is the lounge self-serve wine still? How is the onboard experience now? Is it back to normal or severely reduced?
Ask in one thread at a time?

The lounges have wine dispensers now. The sparkling wine is basically self-pour by now. The current English sparkling wine is better given a wide berth though.

On board was never truly reduced....
Old Jul 18, 2022, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM (like it matters!) All of my flying was personal travel, and COVID-19 stopped that.
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I have not had success with JL willing to assign seats on AA-marketed, JL-operated flights.
I called AA a while back, and they set up seat assignments.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 10:29 am

Does HND Sakura Lounge, which is now seemingly open, have shower rooms, and are they currently open/operating? Looked like we were going to have F class lounge access until the recent announcement that Sakura lounge is now open daily as of August 1st.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by benjahman
Does HND Sakura Lounge, which is now seemingly open, have shower rooms, and are they currently open/operating? Looked like we were going to have F class lounge access until the recent announcement that Sakura lounge is now open daily as of August 1st.
It does have showers, and yes they should be operating.
benjahman likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: whatever it takes
Originally Posted by benjahman
Just transited HND a week ago or so. There are 4 showers that are part of the Sky Club Annex (Something like that), my wait was an hour+, 1.5? in the evening. They gave me a puck so it was no big deal. I even exited to the terminal to walk around. Not as nice as some other lounge showers I've experienced....a bit cramped.

Also, the ANA Lounge no longer accepts Priority Pass. I guess traffic is picking up? So my plan to check that out was thwarted. Instead I spent most all my time in Sakura, apart from when they closed overnight.

While it was open - I stored my carry ons in the locker -- very convenient, and when it was closed, I just used a mini luggage cart that are all over the place. So again, a great airport to sleep in...lots of flat seating areas.

One thing about the Sakura lounge was there were no plugs able to accept my 3-prong laptop plug, and I didn't have an adapter nor did they, but in the terminal are some areas I could charge it.

Anyone who dramatizes HND overnight as some hardship...is full of bs. Especially if you have some kind of lounge access.
benjahman likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 1:24 am

hi, We are travelling in J class LHR-HND-SYD (JL44/JL51) in early December. How many showers are in the Sakura lounge and what the queue times like for our rather short transit of just under 2hours? Has anyone travelling on the above flights had sufficient time to have a shower in transit ?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Adgwn
hi, We are travelling in J class LHR-HND-SYD (JL44/JL51) in early December. How many showers are in the Sakura lounge and what the queue times like for our rather short transit of just under 2hours? Has anyone travelling on the above flights had sufficient time to have a shower in transit ?
I flew the same LHR-HND-SYD itinerary also in J a couple of weeks ago, with scheduled transit of 2 hrs 5 mins. Arrival into HND was only slightly late. I was directed to the Sakura Skyview Lounge, near gate 114 and up an escalator to L5. On request for a shower at lounge entry I received a buzzer which went off about 15 mins later. There are no showers in the lounge itself so one has to exit the lounge and take the lift (elevator) down to L4 where there are showers in the TIAT Lounge Annex – which seemed to be operating solely to provide shower facilities. I didn’t count the number of showers but a previous post in this thread says there are four. I had plenty of time to return to the Sakura Skyview Lounge and have a drink before it was time to head to the gate to board JL51 to SYD.
Adgwn likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 4:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
It's been a zoo the last times I went through, so temper your expectations in terms of short wait times.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: AY+ Plat / OWE, SQ KrisFlyer, KQ Plat / ST Elite Plus, BT VIP
I was at the T3 Sakura Skyview lounge yesterday evening 7-9pm, not too many people, only 1-2 would've been in front of me in the shower queue, decent food & beverage options. The only issue I had was with the wifi, I just couldn't get it to work on my laptop. Though that's probably more on me than the wifi connection. And perhaps some cozier seating options would be appreciated.
sof_lance likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 4:16 pm

Passed through the same T3 Sakura Skyview (5th floor) early morning 6am to 9am. Not too crowded. Can't get enough of that automated beer pourer. Efficient and cordial staff.

Per previous post, they are still operating 4 shower rooms on the 4th floor dormant lounge. Shower room is quite small so leave your larger baggage in the lounge locker before heading down. Pre book shower through app (QR code on every table in the lounge). Equipped with toothbrush/paste, razor/shave cream.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 2:40 pm

We are flying from SINxHNDxDFW JAL business on AA award. I'm EXP and DW is PP both are OWE. Can we use the first class lounge and does it have showers? Also where is the smoking area as we have a 5 hr layover?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.