Community
Wiki Posts
Search

788 business seats

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

788 business seats

I'm scheduled to fly from NRT-BKK on 12/25 on JL717. Business class seat guide is showing 8 rows of seats. Can some one tell me which hard product I'll be getting? I.E. Apex, angle flat etc. Went to SeatGuru, and I think this is the Apex Suite version. Am I correct?

Last edited by diverg; Nov 16, 2021 at 6:40 pm
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
You can log into the JAL web site and it will let you know what seat it is. I'm fling late Dec and it's the angle-flat hard shell seats in both directions on the 788,
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:37 pm

JL717 on Dec 25 is Shell Flat Neo which is the old angle flat. This site has better seat maps: https://www.aerolopa.com/jl-boeing-787-gallery
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kentauta
JL717 on Dec 25 is Shell Flat Neo which is the old angle flat. This site has better seat maps: https://www.aerolopa.com/jl-boeing-787-gallery
I went to select my seat, and on seat details it states the seat is a fully flat seat. Shouldn't it say angle seat? Also assuming it is the neo seat is there any seat that is better then the other? Both the forward and rear business sections has seats available.

Last edited by diverg; Nov 17, 2021 at 6:05 am
Old Nov 17, 2021, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by divrdrew
You can log into the JAL web site and it will let you know what seat it is. I'm fling late Dec and it's the angle-flat hard shell seats in both directions on the 788,
Did you check seat details? I chose my seat, and clicked on seat details. Seat details told me fully flat seats. According to the seat configuration link above it should be the neo seats, and probably is. Just confused about JAL wording.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
The neo hard shell are actually angle-flat seats. See https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/servi...llflatneo.html. If you look at the photo on the page here, it shows it in bed mode and you'll see it's angle-flat.

Old and relatively uncompetitive by today's standards. That said, I flew the old NW with these seats on many trips and slept like a baby!
rt23456p likes this.

Last edited by divrdrew; Nov 17, 2021 at 10:52 am
Old Nov 17, 2021, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Just checked the JAL website, JL717 is operated by a 787-8 with the NEO seats on the 25th of December. The booking system clearly shows that.

Seatguru actually shows the wrong versions of the NEO configuration. But I am not surprised that it does.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:32 pm

i fly fairly often on JAL from the US to thailand and have to say that i much prefer the NEO seats on JL717 for the daytime flight. the apex suites are a nice cocoon for sleeping but for a day time flight i find them rather claustrophobic. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.