Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying JL and transiting in NRT

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2021, 5:33 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Hi gents,
Hoping you could help with a quick question about JAL. I've booked a flight with Expedia last year hoping to go to Japan this year. I've already rebooked my flights for a 3rd time now, hoping to get there in autumn, and I did it with JAL directly since they were more accommodating than Expedia. Now it seems that JAL took over the ticket completely and I'm not sure what that means in case they won't allow further rebookings and I'll have to ask for a refund. Any thoughts?
Old Nov 7, 2021, 12:52 am

I accidentally booked a flight that had an overnight transit in narita. What should i do?
Old Nov 7, 2021, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by RA-wannabe
I accidentally booked a flight that had an overnight transit in narita. What should i do?
Rebook the flight, or hope that it is far enough into the future to allow entry in to Japan.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Has anyone made the transit recently? I'm flying in a couple weeks and just got an email from JAL about delays at NRT. Last I heard, they were offloading connecting pax first and letting them directly into transit area with no additional security. Then they take everyone entering Japan next for the lengthy entry process. Is that still being followed?
Old Dec 15, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by divrdrew
Has anyone made the transit recently? I'm flying in a couple weeks and just got an email from JAL about delays at NRT. Last I heard, they were offloading connecting pax first and letting them directly into transit area with no additional security. Then they take everyone entering Japan next for the lengthy entry process. Is that still being followed?
Yeah from what I've seen, it's still the process. Inbound US flights are not required to go through any security, and are offloaded directly in to the terminal before passengers entering Japan are offloaded.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by seigex
Yeah from what I've seen, it's still the process. Inbound US flights are not required to go through any security, and are offloaded directly in to the terminal before passengers entering Japan are offloaded.
Will I as a transit passenger still have access to the lounges?
Old Dec 15, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by diverg
Yeah, all airside lounges, assuming you have access already and they're open. I think they close a bit earlier than the international terminal closes for the night though.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by divrdrew
Please don't post basically the same question in 3 different threads. Keep it gathered in one thread, it makes life easier for everyone.

I highly recommend following the Japan connections during covid thread. Lots of good information and detailed answers there.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japa...s-edition.html

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Dec 15, 2021 at 4:35 pm
Old Dec 15, 2021, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by diverg
Only the first class lounge is open, but all passengers having lounge access are welcomed at the first class lounge.

Menu is slight changed, and all food has to be ordered via a QR code online.
seigex likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Made the transit last week. Super easy, the airport was pretty empty. I was going ORD-NRT-BKK. Cleared security and then used the first class lounge, I can't say how it compared to pre-covid times but there was a decent made-to-order menu, including really good sushi.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP ,Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Is NRT currently allowing transit March flight possible SIN - NRT - SEA TY !!!. Very hard to figure on NRT web site
Old Feb 11, 2022, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Parrotinct
Is NRT currently allowing transit March flight possible SIN - NRT - SEA TY !!!. Very hard to figure on NRT web site
As long as it is a same day connection, no problem.

Follow the corona pandemic connection details here

Connecting in Japan, corona edition
kalderlake likes this.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Feb 11, 2022 at 7:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.