Wiki Posts
Search

CGK-NRT JL 720 Status

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2021, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EX P, HH P
CGK-NRT JL 720 Status

Noticed today that JL 720 is not operating this month. I have not been notified by AA (award booking) and am scheduled for Feb 4 CGK-NRT JL 720 with connection in NRT- LAX on JL 62. I’m guessing this route got pulled when Indonesia closed its boarders weeks ago. Can anyone shed some light? Time to come up with plan B I think.....
Old Jan 17, 2021, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
According to the latest information from JAL (released the 8th of January) JL720 is supposed to operate Tuesdays, Thursday, Fridays, and Saturdays. So for now, the 4th of Feb should operate. But it may of course change before we reach that point.

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2021/inter/210201_04/
Old Jan 17, 2021, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The February plan is the same as the original January plan, but is seems that all flights until the 19th of January have been cancelled. That might not bode well for the February plan. if it was me, I'd keep a close eye on what happens with the Thursday to Saturday flights this week, and if they are cancelled as well start researching alternatives.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jan 18, 2021 at 12:57 am
Old Jan 18, 2021, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Yes that is exactly what I was seeing and making me feel that I need a Plan B. If I can get AA to put me on QR flights that is my preference as the CX flights have a long L/O. I might wait another day as you suggest and see if they continue to cancel CGK-NRT but I suspect they will continue to cancel flights. Thanks for your input.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 1:52 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Interesting, i'm on the same flights in mid-February, I already have back-up tickets prepared.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

What may I ask is your backup plan gpeso8?
Old Jan 19, 2021, 5:50 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by onthemove2
what may i ask is your backup plan gpeso8?
sq....cgk-sin-lax

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.