Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Booking an Award Flight with Partner Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2019, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

There is a non-stop flight on JAL from San Diego to Toyko NRT. I'd like to book it as an award flight. I don't have JAL points, but was wondering if you can book JAL award flights on a partner airline site with their points. Is this possible? Which airlines? Thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold
Yes, with all Oneworld programs plus certain other partners, the most likely relevant being Alaska

Naturally you’ll need award availability on the flight
Old Oct 20, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
As stated above, you can book JAL award flights using any JAL partner (partner list here).
Typically, people use Alaska, British Airways, Cathay Paricic or American airlines miles.
Please ask in the respective forums (or is it fora) on how to do it.
Or, google online how to do it, how many miles are required, redemption rules and conditions, how to earn those miles etc.
e.g. google "How to book partner awards using Alaska miles", or "How to book partner awards using British Airways miles" or "How to book partner awards using Cathay Pacific miles" or "How to book partner awards using American Airlines miles"
You can also get a booking agent to do all this leg work for you, and typically costs $200 or more to do it. (also, google online for this).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.