Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JGC Sapphire In 3 Days? Possible??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2023, 5:48 pm

Programs: JMB Sapphire, OneWorld Sapphire
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Your Okinawa earning is assuming 100%, which I doubt you'll get for 250 USD return. More like 250 USD per leg. Check your earnings carefully.
Thanks for pointing out! It is definitely wrong. The $250 rates will earn me 75% which means i might have to do 3-4x RT for that route

My understanding is that domestic flights combined on an international ticket, earns at the same rate as the international flights
Will I get the x2 FLY ON Point conversion rate for the domestic flight on top of the 125%? Its a bit complicated than I thought.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 6:15 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by abielp
Thanks for pointing out! It is definitely wrong. The $250 rates will earn me 75% which means i might have to do 3-4x RT for that route

Will I get the x2 FLY ON Point conversion rate for the domestic flight on top of the 125%? Its a bit complicated than I thought.
No, you won't
abielp likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
No, you won't
Thanks! Is this correct computation for MNL-OKA RT?
MNL-HND I Fare - 7850 (double FOP)
HND-OKA - 1230 (125% of 984)
OKA-HND - 1230 (125% of 984)
HND-MNL I Fare - 7850 (double FOP)

Also for domestic segments, do i get additional 400 FOP based on this? https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/jalmile/flyon/guide.html
Old Nov 22, 2023, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Already answered.
abielp likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 2:10 am

Thanks for all your responses. I did more research and found that I'll get more FOP flying MNL-ISG for the same rate. JL971 is arriving in ISG at 10:15am, will I be able to go back to HND via JL972 leaving 10:50am or is it too close to do a turnaround?
Old Nov 25, 2023, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by abielp
Thanks for all your responses. I did more research and found that I'll get more FOP flying MNL-ISG for the same rate. JL971 is arriving in ISG at 10:15am, will I be able to go back to HND via JL972 leaving 10:50am or is it too close to do a turnaround?
As long as you don't have luggage, it is the same plane going back, so you can just say to the arrival staff that you are returning on the same plane again. Normally you would have to scan your boarding pass af security, but the staff can manage that for you.
whkento and abielp like this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 8:36 am

As long as you don't have luggage, it is the same plane going back, so you can just say to the arrival staff that you are returning on the same plane again. Normally you would have to scan your boarding pass af security, but the staff can manage that for you.
Thanks. Im doing this in just 1 day: HND-ISG and ISG-HND-MNL. I plan to store my luggage in HND before flying out to ISG then get it when I return so I dont have to bring any luggage to ISG. I should be able to check-in that in HND before exiting immigration right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.