Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

New international wi-fi provider from May 1 2019?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New international wi-fi provider from May 1 2019?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2020, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Leaving in a couple of weeks on JL3 JFK>NRT then on to TPE, would like to login to VPN to get some work done, how reliable is the WiFi on that route? Traveling in business if that makes a difference.
Class makes no difference what so ever. Sam bandwidth available to all. The trans-pacific routes are probably some of the one with worst coverage, and to make matters worse the JFK flight usually goes pretty far north. I have had decent connection, but I have also had abysmal connections. I have been able to receive and send emails on the company VPN. The TPE leg is likely to be pretty good.

If you buy a pass, it is for 24 hours and will probably cover your TPE flight as well, depending on the length of the connection in Tokyo.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
JL37 - HND-SIN. JA706J.
tmobile.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
JL4 8th of Feb. Panasonic WiFi.

Had ti log in via the browser, android showed no connectivity, and a log in prompt did not show. Going to chrome and selecting a URL brought me to the log in.. Once logged in, much better performance that t-mobile
Old Feb 8, 2020, 8:03 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
JL4 8th of Feb. Panasonic WiFi.

Had ti log in via the browser, android showed no connectivity, and a log in prompt did not show. Going to chrome and selecting a URL brought me to the log in.. Once logged in, much better performance that t-mobile
That’s JA735J
Old Feb 8, 2020, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak
That’s JA735J
It has worked really well throughout the flight. Based on this one experience, a big improvement.

And for those that are wondering, this plane is not refurbished with the new cabins. So it is to different steps
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
On JA743J now, JL4 NRT-JFK (77W), very thankfully Panasonic wifi. First time I've ever had an international JL flight with usable wifi... good riddance Deutsch Telekom. So that's at least two tail numbers confirmed to have the upgraded wifi now.

If others find the new Panasonic wifi, it'd be great to have tail numbers posted here. You can find it on Flightradar24.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 6:29 pm

Programs: JMB, Bonvoy, Hyatt
JA838J JL65 26 FEB, still T-Mobile and pretty spotty.
JA840J JL66 3 MAR, Panasonic and noticeably better.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 9:13 am

JA731J March 6, Panasonic wifi
Old Mar 9, 2020, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
JA734J 77W operating JL5 JFK-HND today has Panasonic.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 5:34 am

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Looks like it's only the 77W that has these
Old Mar 10, 2020, 5:37 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Comet21
Looks like it's only the 77W that has these
what are you talking about? Didn’t someone report JA840J has Panasonic too?
Old Dec 22, 2021, 5:52 am

I'm flying JL61 LAX-NRT on Friday. How is the current WIFI on this route? Is there a charge for F passengers?
Old Dec 22, 2021, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by diverg
I'm flying JL61 LAX-NRT on Friday. How is the current WIFI on this route? Is there a charge for F passengers?
Flew this route last Friday on JA740J, Panasonic WiFi worked just fine for my purposes. You'll get a slip in the menu folder with a voucher code for free wifi in F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.