Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL Lounge NRT: Access when arriving JL F, departing other airline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver

Hi all -

Apologies if this was asked previously, I searched and couldn't find any information.

I suspect the answer will be no, but if I'm arriving into NRT T2 on JL F, and then departing another non-oneworld airline on a separate ticket, would I have access to the JAL First Lounge based on my arrival boarding pass?

Thank you in advance!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:12 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Hi all -

Apologies if this was asked previously, I searched and couldn't find any information.

I suspect the answer will be no, but if I'm arriving into NRT T2 on JL F, and then departing another non-oneworld airline on a separate ticket, would I have access to the JAL First Lounge based on my arrival boarding pass?

Thank you in advance!
NO
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: SU PLT, EK Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak
NO
Almost the same question ... if I'm arriving into NRT T2 on JL F, and then departing with the same ticket on JL C after two days, would I have access to the JAL First Lounge on the second leg based on my arrival boarding pass?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:32 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by WEREX
Almost the same question ... if I'm arriving into NRT T2 on JL F, and then departing with the same ticket on JL C after two days, would I have access to the JAL First Lounge on the second leg based on my arrival boarding pass?
only same day connection will grant you access to the F lounge
Beltway2A likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: SU PLT, EK Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold

OK. Thanks a lot!
Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Now I realize this may be a self explanatory question....but

You say same day. I'm planning a SFO > HND > CAN flight. SFO > HND segment in F and HND > CAN in J. There is an overnight layover of 13.5 hours. Arrival at HND @ 19:15; departure HND 08:50 following day.

Would I haves access to JL 1st class lounge on day of arrival, since connecting on same ticket to a JL flight with only a J offering?
Would I also have access to JL 1st class lounge on day of departure from HND for the same reasons as above?
Or, would I not have access either day for the obvious reasons of "only SAME day connection"
Would same restriction / access apply at NRT?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
By all rules, you would be sent to the J lounge.

That being said, you MAY be let in to the F lounge upon arrival if you go to connections and proceed to departures after arrival. Though far from a given, very low chance I'd say. But once the lounge closes after the departure of JL41, and you have to reenter in the morning, it will be the J lounge for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.