Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA known traveler number

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:57 pm
aau
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
TSA known traveler number

Is there a way to add this to my booking? I didn't see a field for this when I made my booking on JAL's website.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 6:18 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
JAL doesn't participate in TSA-Precheck, so I can't imagine why there would need to be a field for the number.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond
I book through a corporate travel agent and they have some way to add it, but I’m not sure about though JAL’s website. You could try calling if there’s no field for it online.

It does matter since some US airports will make you leave security when transferring and having the number attached to your reservation can get you Precheck when going back though security for the local carrier. Even if it doesn’t print on your boarding pass you issue in Japan, you can stop by the local carrier desk and ask them to print another; then Precheck should be attached. I’ve done this many times.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by aikinai
I book through a corporate travel agent and they have some way to add it, but I’m not sure about though JAL’s website. You could try calling if there’s no field for it online.

It does matter since some US airports will make you leave security when transferring and having the number attached to your reservation can get you Precheck when going back though security for the local carrier. Even if it doesn’t print on your boarding pass you issue in Japan, you can stop by the local carrier desk and ask them to print another; then Precheck should be attached. I’ve done this many times.
Should be able to enter the KTN on the connecting carrier’s website directly with their PNR, as well.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No need to go through all of this.

OP cannot add his KTN to a JL ticket because JL does not participate in Pre-Check.

As to any US domestic carrier, you may simply find your reservation online on that carrier's website and enter your KTN is the proper field in your passenger profile. You may check in online, print a BP or use the carrier's app if you wish. No need to waste time standing in line for a new BP which may not always be possible.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond
Oh, I never knew you could check in and print a boarding pass for a connection on a non-ticketing carrier! Now I’ve learned something super useful, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.