Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Narita Airport Lounge Closure

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by anabolism
I don't think I ever visited the upstairs first class lounge in the past, just the satellite one once or twice, and the main one most of the time. Did there used to be a different menu in the upstairs versus the main floor? And now it is the same menu? But in the satellite terminal the menu differs for the buffet and at a table?
Before the refurbishment started, all the buffet food items were exactly the same in all three lounges. There was a difference in the drinks selection, the satellite lounge had Laurent-Perrier champagne, and often a better whiskey option.

Now, the satellite lounge retains the same buffet as usual, the 4th floor lounge does not have a buffet, but basically serves the same items plated by the staff. The soup, cheese, and bread selection is still self service. The 4th floor lounge has Laurent-Perrier as well now.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
I am happy to report the madness has ended as of about two weeks ago.

icemansuper likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I am happy to report the madness has ended as of about two weeks ago.

Which one of the madness'es?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Which one of the madness'es?
Ugh, unable to upload photo. Was trying to say am in the lounge now, the sushi set is finally whatever you want once again!!! (as of about a week and change ago, it seems).
icemansuper likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ugh, unable to upload photo. Was trying to say am in the lounge now, the sushi set is finally whatever you want once again!!! (as of about a week and change ago, it seems).

I heard rumours of that. Though I have not been there to experience it myself yet. But very good to know.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:02 am

I heard rumours of that. Though I have not been there to experience it myself yet. But very good to know.
Im glad that we, as a community, aren’t only complaining about whale soup

Seems like there was enough feedback to roll the policy back.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:24 am

Yup. Was there yesterday and sushi set was whatever you wanted.

On the other hand, the shower waitlist was like 30 people deep with a wait time of ~3hrs. Went to the AA lounge instead to shower.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was there today, the dishwashers were out of commission. No sushi, not hot items except ramen and curry, limited cold options.

The satellite lounge had a full menu and they recommended everyone to go there. I needed the shoeshine service and a glass of champagne, so no problems for me
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by tchron
On the other hand, the shower waitlist was like 30 people deep with a wait time of ~3hrs. Went to the AA lounge instead to shower.
As always with the afternoon departures. AA showers are the hidden trick to get a shower without any waiting time.

My typical route after clearing immigration:
Down stairs to AA lounge for a shower, then back up to the Cathay lounge for a quiet flute or two of Vueve Champagne,
then JAL lounge to do some crowd watching, work catch-up (and some shochu) before the flight.
Very stable route...saves me the epxected disappointment of the shower line in JAL lounge.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
As always with the afternoon departures. AA showers are the hidden trick to get a shower without any waiting time.

My typical route after clearing immigration:
Down stairs to AA lounge for a shower, then back up to the Cathay lounge for a quiet flute or two of Vueve Champagne,
then JAL lounge to do some crowd watching, work catch-up (and some shochu) before the flight.
Very stable route...saves me the epxected disappointment of the shower line in JAL lounge.
I never noticed Veuve in the Cathay lounge, is that relatively new, or by request only?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
I never noticed Veuve in the Cathay lounge, is that relatively new, or by request only?
usually next to the (empty) Haagen datz ice cream box. Normally iced on the serving table, but the attendants are not quick to replenish empty champagne bottles...you may have to ask for it.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tokyoite

usually next to the (empty) Haagen datz ice cream box. Normally iced on the serving table, but the attendants are not quick to replenish empty champagne bottles...you may have to ask for it.
Will have to look next time I come through Narita.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jun 25, 2019 at 3:30 pm
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:13 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/inter/190626.html

F showers will reopen on Jul 10
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 12:04 am
Suspended

Programs: JGC
New to the site: However it's good to hear that they are making the lounge a special Japanese experience with sushi and some exotic options.
Are people complaining lounges are getting generic yet complain when they have some local specialties?
Old Jul 13, 2019, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by icemansuper
New to the site: However it's good to hear that they are making the lounge a special Japanese experience with sushi and some exotic options.
Are people complaining lounges are getting generic yet complain when they have some local specialties?
I don't think anyone is complaining that they have sushi. Though there was some complaints when the option to customise the selection was removed.
Then there has been some complaints about a downward trend of the quality of the neta (the fish etc on top of the nilgiri)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.