Narita Airport Lounge Closure

Old May 22, 19, 8:26 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism View Post
I don't think I ever visited the upstairs first class lounge in the past, just the satellite one once or twice, and the main one most of the time. Did there used to be a different menu in the upstairs versus the main floor? And now it is the same menu? But in the satellite terminal the menu differs for the buffet and at a table?
Before the refurbishment started, all the buffet food items were exactly the same in all three lounges. There was a difference in the drinks selection, the satellite lounge had Laurent-Perrier champagne, and often a better whiskey option.

Now, the satellite lounge retains the same buffet as usual, the 4th floor lounge does not have a buffet, but basically serves the same items plated by the staff. The soup, cheese, and bread selection is still self service. The 4th floor lounge has Laurent-Perrier as well now.
Old Jun 9, 19, 2:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
I am happy to report the madness has ended as of about two weeks ago.

Old Jun 9, 19, 2:46 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
I am happy to report the madness has ended as of about two weeks ago.

Which one of the madness'es?
Old Jun 9, 19, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Which one of the madness'es?
Ugh, unable to upload photo. Was trying to say am in the lounge now, the sushi set is finally whatever you want once again!!! (as of about a week and change ago, it seems).
Old Jun 9, 19, 2:49 am

Ugh, unable to upload photo. Was trying to say am in the lounge now, the sushi set is finally whatever you want once again!!! (as of about a week and change ago, it seems).

I heard rumours of that. Though I have not been there to experience it myself yet. But very good to know.
Old Jun 9, 19, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post

I heard rumours of that. Though I have not been there to experience it myself yet. But very good to know.
Im glad that we, as a community, arenít only complaining about whale soup

Seems like there was enough feedback to roll the policy back.
Old Yesterday, 6:24 am

Yup. Was there yesterday and sushi set was whatever you wanted.

On the other hand, the shower waitlist was like 30 people deep with a wait time of ~3hrs. Went to the AA lounge instead to shower.
Old Yesterday, 7:20 am

I was there today, the dishwashers were out of commission. No sushi, not hot items except ramen and curry, limited cold options.

The satellite lounge had a full menu and they recommended everyone to go there. I needed the shoeshine service and a glass of champagne, so no problems for me