Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JFK lounge service switched from AF to LH (except for PY pax)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK lounge service switched from AF to LH (except for PY pax)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by tboons
Business/OWE. Which is better for breakfast? Flying on JL3. On a side note, any mcdonald airside? That could be a better place to grab a substantial breakfast coming off a fliggr at 7
McDonald’s is landslide at T1.
https://www.jfkairport.com/at-airpor...s-and-services

Here’s the menu for Senator lounge on the day I was there. In addition, there were two soups (butternut squash or New England clam chowder) and a selection of breads.

Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by rustykettel

McDonald’s is landslide at T1.
https://www.jfkairport.com/at-airpor...s-and-services

Here’s the menu for Senator lounge on the day I was there. In addition, there were two soups (butternut squash or New England clam chowder) and a selection of breads.

I am a sucker for noodles.

Thanks for posting.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Digging up an old thread here, but curious from recent experience. The JFK LH Senator Lounge (Emerald) does allow a guest as if it were a regular JL lounge, right?

Second question, I've only used this lounge once on the JFK-NRT flight which leaves fairly early. The lounge attendants had no problem pouring booze from the bar, but don't know if that's an exception or the norm based on this thread. (I was there from maybe 8:30am to departure which is 10am-ish). Have things changed in the last year where they can serve before noon? I know EWR had recent changes to allow earlier pours on Sundays, but weekdays were already sufficiently early. If not I'll just go to the AA lounge in T8 as I'm on the HND flight this time which departs much later and have a very long layover.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by dvs7310
Digging up an old thread here, but curious from recent experience. The JFK LH Senator Lounge (Emerald) does allow a guest as if it were a regular JL lounge, right?

Second question, I've only used this lounge once on the JFK-NRT flight which leaves fairly early. The lounge attendants had no problem pouring booze from the bar, but don't know if that's an exception or the norm based on this thread. (I was there from maybe 8:30am to departure which is 10am-ish). Have things changed in the last year where they can serve before noon? I know EWR had recent changes to allow earlier pours on Sundays, but weekdays were already sufficiently early. If not I'll just go to the AA lounge in T8 as I'm on the HND flight this time which departs much later and have a very long layover.
As long as your guest is on the JAL flight, no issue.

Legally, nothing has changed in New York about serving alcohol before noon. I was at the Times Square Edition in Feb, and the rules were duly enforced there. I have never had the AA lounge break those rules either. EWR is in New Jersey, so different laws apply.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
As long as your guest is on the JAL flight, no issue.

Legally, nothing has changed in New York about serving alcohol before noon. I was at the Times Square Edition in Feb, and the rules were duly enforced there. I have never had the AA lounge break those rules either. EWR is in New Jersey, so different laws apply.

Yeah, understand EWR is in New Jersey, but the AA lounge at JFK puts up a special Bloody Mary bar, so I don't think it's specifically a thing about not serving before noon in NY state or city.

Edit: Just found this:
Liquor cannot be served by bars and restaurants in New York City from 4 to 8 a.m. daily, although some bars and restaurants choose to have their "last call" and close earlier than 4 a.m.; it's up to them. Said another way, this rule means thatbars can serve alcoholic drinks from 8 a.m. until 4 a.m. the next morning if they so choose, except on Sundays.

Last edited by dvs7310; Mar 9, 2020 at 3:40 am
Old Mar 9, 2020, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by dvs7310
Yeah, understand EWR is in New Jersey, but the AA lounge at JFK puts up a special Bloody Mary bar, so I don't think it's specifically a thing about not serving before noon in NY state or city.

Edit: Just found this:
Interesting, I wonder what rules the Edition was making reference to, and the AA lounges used to make reference to. I'll aks next time I am at the Edition, it was a bar for a charge, and they were happy to serve softdrinks.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 7:05 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The only times alcohol cannot be served in NY, unless the local city has different rules, are 4am to 8am. Alcohol is freely served before noon throughout New York City and JFK. The only noon restriction is for off-premises sale of liquor on Sundays.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Beltway2A
The only times alcohol cannot be served in NY, unless the local city has different rules, are 4am to 8am. Alcohol is freely served before noon throughout New York City and JFK. The only noon restriction is for off-premises sale of liquor on Sundays.
I did realise that, I will be haunting the bartender next time I am there. I see zero reason why he would not serve a drink then.... No tips next time. Haha.

Do you know why AA used to lock up alcohol until noon in the AA lounges in JFK, at least the self serve items in the old Flagship First Lounge.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:54 pm

I ended up getting a car and went shopping. Zero hand sanitizer to be found despite WalMart app saying 2 stores had stock, lol. Finally got back and through security right at noon, so didn't get a chance.to see how the LH Sen lounge was handling it. I did notice the LH business lounge downstairs has self serve which I actually prefer to a bartender. Didn't get a close look at brands, so assume the stuff upstairs is better quality, but still no Hendricks Gin. :P So far only found that in the AA Flagship lounge.
Old May 25, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Hmm, has JAL reverted to AF lounge out of JFK, or is this page outdated?
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/lounge/jfk/
Old May 28, 2022, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by pWei
Hmm, has JAL reverted to AF lounge out of JFK, or is this page outdated?
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/lounge/jfk/
That page is correct, it is the AF lounge, as of at least 1 week ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.