Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JFK lounge service switched from AF to LH (except for PY pax)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK lounge service switched from AF to LH (except for PY pax)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by tboons
Read that LH only has 1 shower booth and its gross...

Any comments? Long flight on latam so really appreciate a shower before another long flight on JL.
AF has one shower booth only, and the average high school gym shower is probably an appropriate comparison.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by tboons
Read that LH only has 1 shower booth and its gross...

Any comments? Long flight on latam so really appreciate a shower before another long flight on JL.
The LH shower is really nasty - lots of hair everywhere no ventilation. Turns into a sauna! Also, floor was dirty when I visited - if I were you, I would ask for a few extra towels to lay on the floor and make sure to not take a very hot shower as you will come out sweating which is no fun! Enjoy
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Gino Troian
The LH shower is really nasty - lots of hair everywhere no ventilation. Turns into a sauna! Also, floor was dirty when I visited - if I were you, I would ask for a few extra towels to lay on the floor and make sure to not take a very hot shower as you will come out sweating which is no fun! Enjoy
I thni the summary by now is: don't plan to get a shower in JFK T1
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Oneworld Emerald (non-JAL) flying in paid J. Business or Senator lounge?

Thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Oneworld Emerald (non-JAL) flying in paid J. Business or Senator lounge?

Thanks!
Senator
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Yes, unfortunately. Unless, the C/Saphire passengers can negotiate to use the Airfrance lounge...
I'm confident JAL will revise this after some serious complaints in the next few months.
Can I have access to Senator Lounge flying JAL Paid J with *A G?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:40 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by jerrythegreat12
Check the access rules on your own FFP/*A. JAL won’t be providing you access to the First Class Lounge when you are only flying Business Class.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jerrythegreat12
If your *G is EBG as in your stats, they require you to be flying *A for any benefits to apply. So unless you have another more generous program (though I doubt any such does exist) the answer is no.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In some AF lounges (such as MRS for example and also the SkyTeam lounge at LHR) you must ask a staff member for champagne. It's kept hidden in the back room and isn't self serve even though the wine in (and other alcohol also seems to be self service).
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:25 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Temporary AF lounge closure at JFK

A Substitute lounge service during the closure period of AIR FRANCE Lounge at John F. Kennedy International Airport (New York) - JAL International Flights

Please be informed that AIR FRANCE Lounge at John F. Kennedy International Airport (New York) will be closed for renovation from October 29, 2018. During the renovation period, passengers on Premium Economy Class and Economy Class (Flex Y fare) who use AIR FRANCE Lounge currently will be invited to Alitalia Lounge (Michelangelo Lounge) as below.

Date of Change
October 29, 2018 (Approximately 6 weeks closure is expected)
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
JL 3 F ticket

Flying F JFK-NRT in a few days.
It looks like the Senator lounge doesn't open until noon, but JL3 departs at 11:55 am. Are there any other First lounge options?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyaxa
It looks like the Senator lounge doesn't open until noon, but JL3 departs at 11:55 am. Are there any other First lounge options?
As Lufthansa lounge it opens at noon, as JL lounge it is open for the early departure.
flyaxa and HughMann like this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by flyaxa
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
As Lufthansa lounge it opens at noon, as JL lounge it is open for the early departure.
As the JL F lounge, it is open, but does not start serving alcoholic beverages till noon. They attribute it to state policy, but on previous JL 3 flights, alcohol was available to be had in the AF lounge.

As far as First Class lounges go, the JFK LH Senator lounge is very uninspired.

Last edited by knit-in; Nov 18, 2018 at 9:38 pm
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by knit-in
As the JL F lounge, it is open, but does not start serving alcoholic beverages till noon. They attribute it to state policy, but on previous JL 3 flights, alcohol was available to be had in the AF lounge.

As far as First Class lounges go, the JFK LH Senator lounge is very uninspired.
I have noticed the AA Flagship lounge in JFK also waiting until noon before unlocking the alcohol. This is certainly not an AA policy, as ORD does open the bottles any time. So there could be some state legislation affecting it. Whether AF is then breaking the rules or have a work around, I don't know.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I have noticed the AA Flagship lounge in JFK also waiting until noon before unlocking the alcohol. This is certainly not an AA policy, as ORD does open the bottles any time. So there could be some state legislation affecting it. Whether AF is then breaking the rules or have a work around, I don't know.
This is probably new, and perhaps county specific. 8 AM was (or is) when you could (or can) start serving alcohol in NYC. Even at JFK, not long ago, I have had the pleasure of imbibing an adult beverage with breakfast, at that common lounge (Wingtips?) in Terminal 4. Also in the EK lounge before the morning departure to DXB.

I guess a little more digging is in order.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.