Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Can I do upgrade economy seat on awarded ticket mixed cabin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I do upgrade economy seat on awarded ticket mixed cabin?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Question Can I do upgrade economy seat on awarded ticket mixed cabin?

I was looking at the awarded ticket SFO-BKK on the specified date and they only have mixed cabin: SFO-HND first class, and HND-BKK economy class.
Can I do anything with the second leg in economy class? Anyway to have it upgraded at a later time after ticketing. I tried calling JAL USA 800 525 3663 a few times, and I had to hang up after waiting 50 minutes and there was still no representative to speak to. Any better numbers I can reach? Thanks!
Old Dec 23, 2017, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
If availability opens later you can change the class later.

If there is premium economy seats available at the day of departure you can pay cash at the airport to upgrade.
Old May 2, 2018, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

I didn't get a chance to update on this. But I did get an upgrade on my second leg HND-BKK to business with the help of the JAL ground staff at SFO (the one at the Sakura lounge not at the check in counter), and the staff at HND. As soon as I got off the plane, the HND ground staff was already there at the plane door to help me with the upgrade, and walked me to the lounge. I didn't need to bother with any counter at the HND airport at all. Their service is unparalleled! I used 22K points to upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.