Wiki Posts
Search

Jetstar advice

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorist
Jetstar advice

My fiancee and I are backpacking in japan and I'm looking to book a short flight from osaka to fukuoka on jetstar. However i expect our backpacks to be around 20 lbs and not the 15 that is allowed on a basic fare. Are they very strict with their baggage policy, could we get by unnoticed? i don't really see an option for having a bigger carry on either just bigger checked bags. Any Jetstar veterans who can help?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:47 pm

As an LCC Jetstar do tend to be on the stricter end of the scale when it comes to enforcing carry on limits and Japan generally is a stickler for rules and procedure. If these are your main backpacks I'd expect that you'd have issues from a size perspective as well and they would certainly have a 'weigh me, I could be over the limit' look about them. In the circumstance you're describing I'd definitely be purchasing a check in luggage allowance.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:54 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Moving to the Japan Airlines forum (which also covers Jetstar Japan).

Regards,
armagebedar
Japan forum moderator
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorist
Darn, no way I can pay to keep the bag as a carry on? I'm not a big fan of checking luggage.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:29 pm

Not domestically no. And it's Japan, checking luggage isn't a big deal, it's reliable and comes out quickly at the other end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.