Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL NRT F Lounge is Awful

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
OP here. Well I must relent a little. I was just in the new AA Flagship Lounge in ORD. A little cleaner and brighter than the JL F lounge, but just as crowded. I can't really see why you would want to go into these lounges unless you had a really long layover or were there at an off peak time.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by 5khours
OP here. Well I must relent a little. I was just in the new AA Flagship Lounge in ORD. A little cleaner and brighter than the JL F lounge, but just as crowded. I can't really see why you would want to go into these lounges unless you had a really long layover or were there at an off peak time.
The new AA Flagship lounges are not F lounges any longer. Admission criteria is F, J, Emerald and Sapphire. The two last requires an internation flight (not Canada and Mexico (though MEX is included) if it is AA status. So really a business class lounge by now.

There is a small Flagship First dining area, that is only for F passengers, and I believe Concierge Key members.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The new AA Flagship lounges are not F lounges any longer.
Yep. Kind of sad.

BTW - Concierge Key members also admitted without requirement for international flight.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by 5khours
Yep. Kind of sad.

BTW - Concierge Key members also admitted without requirement for international flight.
Yep. I forgot them in that context.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
If the complaint is too crowded, jl catered for that (4/F or satellite)
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:28 am

you shall try sakura lounge in KIX.
A Japan airplane company lounge offering wine without green soy bean, offering smoking room without baby sitting chair or room.
Said, I am a father with a baby.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by JALPak
HKG has a much bigger terminal. There's only so much space available for lounge at NRT T2. And it will get worse once HA moves over and starts using the Sakura Lounge. AC usually has no lines for shower. Just go over there for shower if there's a 2 hour wait at Sakura Lounge.
And the CX F lounges in LHR, YVR(Kind of), and HKG feature A La Carte menu, none from the JL F lounges feature A La Carte. It has been like this since the first time I was in JL F lounge back in 2011, so it's nothing new to me. The amenities in JL F lounge are good and better than what OP described. If you have more time, you would find the massage chair to be a nice treat in case you can't get the personalized massage service for you(Every time I get there I
have to wait two hours for the massage).

Again, that's my experience in 2011 to 2016. Surprisingly I haven't been in JL F lounge this year yet, so it may have gotten worse. One thing that JL F lounge can definitely improve is A La Carte menu.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:29 am

Bad news for you. Manned massage is over.
-10 points.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
And the CX F lounges in LHR, YVR(Kind of), and HKG feature A La Carte menu, none from the JL F lounges feature A La Carte. It has been like this since the first time I was in JL F lounge back in 2011, so it's nothing new to me. The amenities in JL F lounge are good and better than what OP described. If you have more time, you would find the massage chair to be a nice treat in case you can't get the personalized massage service for you(Every time I get there I
have to wait two hours for the massage).

Again, that's my experience in 2011 to 2016. Surprisingly I haven't been in JL F lounge this year yet, so it may have gotten worse. One thing that JL F lounge can definitely improve is A La Carte menu.
Wonder why JL doesn't offer A La Carte service in its F lounge, since all its competitors (even ANA) offer that
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALlover
Wonder why JL doesn't offer A La Carte service in its F lounge, since all its competitors (even ANA) offer that
Has ANA expanded this service to Narita as well, or only in Haneda? While not fully a la carte, there is made to order food in the JAL Haneda F lounge.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Has ANA expanded this service to Narita as well, or only in Haneda? While not fully a la carte, there is made to order food in the JAL Haneda F lounge.
You mean the wagyu beef and galette?

Seems like only in Haneda only, online they have a separate A La Carte menu (only main course made to order, rest still need to grab from buffet table)
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALlover
You mean the wagyu beef and galette?

Seems like only in Haneda only, online they have a separate A La Carte menu (only main course made to order, rest still need to grab from buffet table)
Yep. That is what I mean.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by jgchiker
Bad news for you. Manned massage is over.
-10 points.
WHAT? It's gone? Then it IS getting worse!
Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
On our transit thru NRT this past Thursday evening, we were fortunate to stumble across the Satellite First Class Lounge. Much nicer and newer than the old dump. There is even a separate Dining Room, and while there is no menu service, the service yourself buffet was adequate for our short connection. Indeed the pasta, lemon chicken and potstickers were very good. Pics and full report here.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:42 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jeadong
you shall try sakura lounge in KIX.
A Japan airplane company lounge offering wine without green soy bean, offering smoking room without baby sitting chair or room.
Said, I am a father with a baby.
i dont often see babies in jl/nh premium cabins (mainly the mentality of bugging the other prem pax) so im not surprised if the lounge isnt catered for that.

I do remember the terminal has a few child friendly area. Those areas would be more suitable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.