Wiki Posts
Search

JAL NRT F Lounge is Awful

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:49 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 5khours
Not true at all. It's open to anyone flying NH F or any *A F.
But not diamond
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
You do realise that hospitality in Japan is still in a time warp and the lounge probably hasnt changed since 70s, only good thing going at the JAL F are the views of the tarmac.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kaka
But not diamond
Yes, NH Diamond. Also Lufthansa HON.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: QR Platinum (OWE) / BA GOLD (OWE)/ CI Emerald (ST E+)/ SQ PPS (*G)
Originally Posted by 5khours
Not true at all. It's open to anyone flying NH F or any *A F.
Yes I was talking about access via membership in FFPs, not based on class of service.

It's open to anyone flying *A F but not to other *A FFP flying Econ or Business (except NH Diamond and LH Hon).

JL F lounge is open to all OW Emerald flying in any class.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
I second on the eating habits - the soup definitely sounds loud
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Then fly ana F if jal F lounge crowd bt owe is a problem.

i go in being owe.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 3:35 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The challenge is everyone seems to go to the main building lounge. The satellite building lounge is very quiet, and much lighter by the way. You should check it out if you get a chance. I think most of your gripes will disappear. Though they still let people in based on status...
If they put the Sushi chefs and the steak in the satellite lounge then people will be willing to move over.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
If they put the Sushi chefs and the steak in the satellite lounge then people will be willing to move over.
There is no steak in Narita. That is the evening service in Haneda.

Maybe just get the sushi and then move to the satellite if the sushi is very important. :-)
Old Oct 9, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.

Maybe just get the sushi and then move to the satellite if the sushi is very important. :-)
of cuz sushi is important!

i am flying from NRT purposely even paying extra for Narita Express which i can put towards nice sushi elsewhere not to mention my lost hours.... who can refuse free sushi....
Old Oct 9, 2017, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fakecd
of cuz sushi is important!

i am flying from NRT purposely even paying extra for Narita Express which i can put towards nice sushi elsewhere not to mention my lost hours.... who can refuse free sushi....
As a compensation for the lost sushi, they have Laurent Perrier chamagne in the sattelite lounge, which they don't have in the main.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 5:56 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
As a compensation for the lost sushi, they have Laurent Perrier chamagne in the sattelite lounge, which they don't have in the main.
But what’s the compensation at the upstairs F lounge?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak
But what’s the compensation at the upstairs F lounge?
None what so ever I guess.

For a while they had the AM period shoe shine service upstairs only, as a way to lure people up there. But I am not sure they do that any longer. It probably did not work like that, and people where complaining that the shoe shine service was gone in the mornings as they never went close enough to read the sign that said it was upstairs.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:16 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
None what so ever I guess.

For a while they had the AM period shoe shine service upstairs only, as a way to lure people up there. But I am not sure they do that any longer. It probably did not work like that, and people where complaining that the shoe shine service was gone in the mornings as they never went close enough to read the sign that said it was upstairs.
They could have moved the massage service there instead of discontinuing the service so I guess the “compensation” would be a relatively quiet lounge compared to the main F downstairs?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak
They could have moved the massage service there instead of discontinuing the service so I guess the “compensation” would be a relatively quiet lounge compared to the main F downstairs?
That might be a point. The most quiet of the three lounges.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:17 am

Upstairs is where they send people who complain too much about the main lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.