Wiki Posts
Search

Any experience booking JAL J on Kayak?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
Any experience booking JAL J on Kayak?

As the title suggests, any experience booking J seats on JAL, with a stopover in NRT using Kayak.com or any other online booking site?

I ask because whenever I type a J itinerary from North America to Asia or Australia on Kayak.com, it gives me the option of flying through NRT on JAL. However, the same itinerary is never available from JAL.com. Examples is
YVR-NRT-SYD, which is priced somewhat cheaper than if I fly AA. Most of the NA-Asia routes via NRT are also available on JAL but just a few dollars more expensive on some dates. But Canada to Oz via NRT is not possible on JAL.com.

I do wonder what the catch is - is this: a) "mistake" fare?; or b) two separate itineraries that were just pieced together by kayak?

I prefer booking direct with the airline rather than with a travel agent, or using an online booking site. However, I almost always use these online booking sites just to give me some leads as to the most cost effective or efficient way of getting from point A to B (with or without a stopover point).

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:39 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
You should call a real travel agent. Try JTB, you may get an even lower price.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:33 am

Jal's site artifically restricts your origin/destination depending which region you are in

Google.com/flights does quote a JAL J seat at $4k around October and gives you a link to JAal
But when you click on the link, it diverts you to the same itinerary in Y at $1k

Maybe you can figure out a way to get it to work properly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.